Linux drivers?

stivo

Reaction score
I've been considering getting a new CAM since my Dragon broke. I know there are Windows drivers which allow you to update the Matrix CAMs through a PCMCIA slot, but can this be done from Linux? (The Magic Module seems to have Linux tools available but I don't think it can do internal decryption.)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
stivo said:
I've been considering getting a new CAM since my Dragon broke.The Magic Module seems to have Linux tools available but I don't think it can do internal decryption.)
There is no comparison between the two do not waste your money on a magic module as it is very old technology and bound to lead to disappointment unless you already have it of course but do not expect much from it and yes you will need cards to work with but there is very little it will open now.

stivo

Reaction score
Topper said:
There is no comparison between the two do not waste your money on a magic module as it is very old technology and bound to lead to disappointment unless you already have it of course but do not expect much from it and yes you will need cards to work with but there is very little it will open now.
Thanks, I already had that impression from the lack of recent posts in the Magic Module forum... The only CAM I have is the broken Dragon - don't know whether to get it repaired or go for something else. Linux compatibility would be a big factor.