Losing Channels

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion +
My Location
UK
I've beenlosing BBC channels for the last few months, first BBC 4, then BBC HD, now BBC 1. We hadn't changed anything when it started, so tried scanning satellite but with no luck. I've updated the machine tonight but that hasn't helped. We have a Fortec Star Passion + and I have no prior experience of satellite receivers. I did read on the BBC website that they have switched HD channel over to DVBS-2. I have found a setting for this on the receiver but it doesn't appear to be able to receive DVBS and DVBS-2 simultaneously??? I'm stuck now without BBC channel and in an area that doesn't receive freeview :-ohmy( Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
As you've recently scanned Astra 2, check right at the end of the channel list for Astra 2 and see if they have popped up there.

malchard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish feeding HD receiver and also sky plus. 80cm dish aligned to astra 19.2E and eurobird 13.0E
My Location
middlesex
ive experinced the same problem with my sky HD box, sometimes I cant get the normal BBC or BBC HD either as well as some sky channels, I reboot often but the box seems to have a mind of its own. Good news is that sky are replacing this old thompson box today so maybe this problem may be cured with the new equipment although my signal is often no more than 25% quality despite realignment maybe due to the usual sky undersized dish, whereas hispasat etc on my other equipment with a 90 cm dish gives a quality ready of 90+% !

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Your problems are to do with faulty Sky HD box, my Thompson HD box periodically states no signal, but a reboot solves the problem, it is also incapable of utilising the Anytime function, hence why Sky are replacing them free of charge, something which I unfortunately missed the deadline for.:)

The original poster's problem is more likely as Llew has suggested, the non Sky receivers do not automatically take account of channel changes, leaving no longer functioning ones in the channel list and adding new channels scanned onto the end of the list.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
If your receiver supports it, try a 'clear list' before scan or delete the dead channels no longer functioning.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
rachyroorooroo said:
I've beenlosing BBC channels for the last few months, first BBC 4, then BBC HD, now BBC 1. We hadn't changed anything when it started, so tried scanning satellite but with no luck. I've updated the machine tonight but that hasn't helped. We have a Fortec Star Passion + and I have no prior experience of satellite receivers. I did read on the BBC website that they have switched HD channel over to DVBS-2. I have found a setting for this on the receiver but it doesn't appear to be able to receive DVBS and DVBS-2 simultaneously??? I'm stuck now without BBC channel and in an area that doesn't receive freeview :-ohmy( Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

Read this and follow instructions in post 11.If you have a passion+ it is DVBS2 COMPLIANT
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/fortecstar-hd/191797-bbc1hd-bbchd-off-air.html