Top Tip Lunch Ideas

S

Steve Steve

Would this be the topic to post ......Ideas for lunch..?.........Anyway.....i'm going for the classic......"Sardine's" & butter in a fresh baguette .........

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Galaxy,IBU single,Technomate 5402M3
My Location
Jesi,Italy
Banana and marmite on wholemeal,no butter,watching the cholesterol :) .

S

Steve Steve

Ok....Great...No probs with "Lunch Ideas" on here then... :-)...........Thinking about it tho.....It's strange some call "Dinner Time" ...."Tea Time"......."Tea time" is probably a bit more of a Northern saying ...Right...?.........

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
At this time of year ..I like to get a pan of curried 'Tater Hash' on the go ..
In the words of my 'ole dad ...'puts hairs on yer chest' ...
Perhaps not so appealing to the fairer s_x ..but by god it keeps the elements at bay ..
Good wholesome food with a hit of 'heat'

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok....Great...No probs with "Lunch Ideas" on here then... :)...........Thinking about it tho.....It's strange some call "Dinner Time" ...."Tea Time"......."Tea time" is probably a bit more of a Northern saying ...Right...?.........

No, no problems except you're in the Jokes Section, not the Foody section I linked to earlier.

I'll shift the Posts when I've had my own lunch!

Edit: Done ;)

Last edited:

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Ok....Great...No probs with "Lunch Ideas" on here then... :-)...........Thinking about it tho.....It's strange some call "Dinner Time" ...."Tea Time"......."Tea time" is probably a bit more of a Northern saying ...Right...?.........
'Tea Time' Certainly is - no joke- ...
Time to top up on sustainance Ooop North ..
About 5pm.

MarkW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Galaxy,IBU single,Technomate 5402M3
My Location
Jesi,Italy
Steve,Not sure,am a bit confused about that as I was in the south till I was 16 then went up north,back down there when I was 24 then back up north when I was 32...and out to Italy when I was 45.I think teatime(to eat) is Northern,though.
The Hash sounds good...I do hope people don't think I'm talking about drugs..heaven forbid:rolleyes:

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
There are only 4 mealtimes in a day..
Breakfast
Dinner
Teatime
and Supper

But then there is this Brunch thing ..
An extra mealtime created to give an opportunity to cram in another feed between Breakfast and Lunch/Dinner..

No wonder we are fast becoming a nation on the tipping point of type2 Diabetes..

S

Steve Steve

Thank you for the new topic ..Tivu.....you've made my day.. :-) .....(after recent events elsewhere)........And..... A red "Top Tip " Flag......Brill.....

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Being an exiled North Easterner it was definitely tea as in 'dinner'.....unless it was Sunday, when we had a roast with Yorkshires at midday and a sweet tea at 4pm....trifle and cakes etc.....My Mum still insists on 'supper'...even if it is tea and biscuits...

However this all changed when I met my late wife. Lunch became sandwiches and we had a cooked meal of an evening, which was dinner. Incidentally, the French like to have their main meal at 'lunchtime' and just a snack of an evening...maybe this explains shops being close for two hours in the middle of the day..

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
..another oddity I really enjoy ..
Bannanas on brown bread toast ..with branston pickle..
Not too much so as to kill the bannana taste ...but the sweetness of the branston complements the narner..

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Breakfast
Dinner
Teatime
and Supper

But then there is this Brunch thing
Homer Simpson, when asked what was his secret for winning the award for the alumnus who had gained the most weight.

"I discovered a meal between breakfast and brunch."

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Homer Simpson, when asked what was his secret for winning the award for the alumnus who had gained the most weight.

"I discovered a meal between breakfast and brunch."
then there is Miss Piggy - "Never eat more than you can lift." :)

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Breakfast
Dinner
Teatime
and Supper

But then there is this Brunch thing ..
An extra mealtime created to give an opportunity to cram in another feed between Breakfast and Lunch/Dinner..

No wonder we are fast becoming a nation on the tipping point of type2 Diabetes..
That's what it is round our way, breakfast in the morning, dinner at........ well dinner time (12pm to 1pm ish), tea in the evening and supper around 8pm ish

There are quite a few up here now that go for lunch at dinner time and have dinner as an evening meal but everyone who I know would be confused if you invited them round for dinner and told them to turn up at 6pm lol

Anyhow I had a petrol station sandwich for lunch (dinner) and I'm swaying towards a parmo with chips and salad for dinner (tea) when SWMBO gets home (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo)

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
That's what it is round our way, breakfast in the morning, dinner at........ well dinner time (12pm to 1pm ish), tea in the evening and supper around 8pm ish

There are quite a few up here now that go for lunch at dinner time and have dinner as an evening meal but everyone who I know would be confused if you invited them round for dinner and told them to turn up at 6pm lol

Anyhow I had a petrol station sandwich for lunch (dinner) and I'm swaying towards a parmo with chips and salad for dinner (tea) when SWMBO gets home (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo)

Looks scrummy mate ..but not sure I could eat a whole one wiv chips n'all ..
Half at Teatime and t'other half for supper ..which I have at 9pm approx.
;)

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
Looks scrummy mate ..but not sure I could eat a whole one wiv chips n'all ..
Half at Teatime and t'other half for supper ..which I have at 9pm approx.
;)
They are scrummy, very moreish (<- is that even a word lol), round here though a few of the take outs have started using processed chicken filled with water and nasties in place of real chicken but I've found a place that only sells the real deal if I can't be bothered to make my own

The full Parmo will come in a will come in a 12" pizza box, the half will come in a 10" pizza box and the "kids Parmo" will come in a 7" pizza box, all served with chips and a small boxed salad and sauce(s).

When my mates dad owned a take away for a while we used to make our full Parmo the size of a 12" pizza base (using real chicken) and our half Parmo was the size of a 9" pizza tray and when he took over there was one on the menu called "the Boro Beast", it consisted of a 16" Parmo, 4 portions of chips, 4 dips/sauces and (as the menu said) a small allotment of salad :-rofl2
I only ever seen one Boro Beast sold the whole time he had the place and when he sold out I must have dropped a few jean sizes in as many weeks haha

Attachments

• parmo.580.jpg
    parmo.580.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 48
S

Steve Steve

Has Smoggy actually posted a pic of his "Parmo " dinner / tea.....?...wow .... "I don't belive it ".....,that's dedication to a thread.....
I was gonna post ..."where I come from"...it goes in this order...Breakfast ,Lunch, and Dinner.....,but then thought about ..school dinner lady's .....so in that case I must be wrong....as usual.. :-( ..,,

BTW.....great response ....to a thread .....I thought nobody would be interested in or laughed out the door.... :-) ......

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
That's not the one I had for Tea but it wasn't far off that lol

S

Steve Steve

Happy ..Official....."Yorkshire Pudding Day"............So obviously.... We're having ..Roast beef..Vegies,,,,And of course Yorkshire Puds...with bisto Poop...Mummmm.. :-) .....

Doing ....(The James Martin Yorkshire pudding recipe).......... Just hoping the puds Rise and don't end up like little space ships.......?....