MatrixReloaded an universal SIDSA CAM ?

ticra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA
My Location
Bayern
Lately I have to clarify myself busily with a MatrixReloaded CAM around its efficiency and thus possible intended purposes. Unfortunately the suppl. bites contributed my past search more to the confusion to clarifying.
I try to arrange the whole once and ask in this board around assistance to bundle existing know-how.
Below my won realizations. Is somewhat wrong or auxiliaryneedy, then corrects me please.
The CAM is called Multicam and is the kinds of coding
Cryptoworks,
Irdeto1+2,
Seca1+2,
Viacces1+2,
Nagravision,
Betacrypt and
Conax
support on the respective original maps.

Design type IFPM (In_Field_Programming_Microprocessor). MultimediaEngine SIDSA, which works on in accordance with data stream contents of the CPLD and Flashmemory. CPLD stands for Complex Programmable Logic DEVICE and is realized by the easily programmable XILINX chip. According to the requirements of this program the Flashmemory contains the necessary instructions as the second programmable component.

Thus a processor module concerns with Smartcardreader. This platform makes a developing possible of own Smartcard applications. Together with a Programmer this application can be loaded and implemented then into the CAM. Examples are: Common interface, Encrypt data stream, SmartCard Reader/Writer, etc.

On this basis the CAM contains an inserted 6in1 emulator.
For its use a multiplicity of firmware is obviously available, which extends the area of application of the CAM. The necessary key care can take place also without without external Programmer. Updates of the Flashmemory are also possible through: Remote maintenance CAM menu (only keys)
or
Smartcard software download (FUN Cards)
(Providers and keys)
or,
To download via laptop (PCMCIA)
(Providers and keys)
or,
UCAS Programmer (RS223/JTAG-Card)
(Providers and keys).

The programming of the CPLD XILINX for the control of the SIDSA makes a further change for the function possible of the CAMs. For this however a Programmer is necessary.
CPLD XILINX files are:
ucas.jed
matrix.jed
magic.jed

For the Programmer CAS are available these files with the spezielen Extension .cas An exchange of these files is comparable with the exchange of an operating system.

Beside the proven MATRIX versions
- Matrix
- MatrixReloaded
- MatrixRevolution and
- MatrixReborn
there is still another multiplicity of CAMs based on the same MultimediaEngine SIDSA MACTPS. So e.g.
- Magic
- Global CAM
- Beta CAM
- Universal CAM
ec., all also ?different? Firmware versions and achievements.

What however now do the differences between the CAMs mentioned and/or their firmware consist of? Was noticeable to me, which is often warned in the board of mutual exchange of the firmware. Who knows in addition the reasons. Even the sizes of the Flashmemory are usually similar and hardly oversized. Who concerned itself with this topic already once.

Greeting ticra

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ticra said:
What however now do the differences between the CAMs mentioned and/or their firmware consist of? Was noticeable to me, which is often warned in the board of mutual exchange of the firmware. Who knows in addition the reasons. Even the sizes of the Flashmemory are usually similar and hardly oversized. Who concerned itself with this topic already once.

Greeting ticra

Sorry to be negative but this a a hobbyist satellite forum and what you are asking is beyond the scope of most members. Nobody could possibly have the answers unless they were doing a thesis on old encryption systems and cams.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You might want to have a look at the duwgati web site.