The Fatty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Nokia 9600S (DVB2000)
Skystar 2
My Location
Devon
hi all, tonight iv been playing with the tps channels on my nokia and matrix reborn cam with mrv2.21 loaded. the question i have is, why do the channels unlock sometimes and not others times?! more often the not, they dont unlock, except cnni, which unlocks if i reset the cam. but other channels (ie LCI/P.SPICE) dont seem to want to work as easy...i changed the firmware on the nokia from dvb2000 back to ci3.1, and the channels seemed to open a bit better maybe. has this already been solved? is ot down to the old MRV soft? will it go away if i update the cam to MRB? or is it my nokia?

is the cam choosing the wrong provider key to use?

thanks.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Its the provider changing codes every 25-30 minutes, not your equipment.

The Matrix Cams (at the moment) have no upgrade to cover TPS encryption, manual code input is the only way you will be able to keep the channels for now.

The Fatty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Nokia 9600S (DVB2000)
Skystar 2
My Location
Devon
thanks for the reply, but i dont see how that can be the problem. as i havent inputed any new codes (still waiting for my cas2 to come). also if i leave it on a channel, it stay open ok.

anyone know what going on? its got me baffled. i read somewhere that the cam might try and use the wrong provider/key, and there was a way around it. this true? if so how?!

thanks