Not open for further replies.

birdman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 2b technomate tm 500 super
My Location
middlesbrough
Here is one for the tech minded.
I have a vu duo downstairs and a dm500 upsatirs everytime im using homeplugs for upstairs box.
i can use box together as there are both running same ip?
anyone got any ideas???????????

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Change the ip address of one of them, or use dhcp, or get dhcp refreshed.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yup - just change the ip address on one machine.. I have my network set up with static addresses assigned to everything so I know the 7020 is always on 192.168.0.10, the network printer is 0.5, the Vu+ Duo is on .20 etc.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Switch off DHCP and assign each box its own Ip address. Just as AS said before i had chance to post this :-doh!

Alter IP address in configuration file for the emu you are using in each box so each server line corresponds to each client line:D

Simples :-righton

Nano

birdman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
middlesbrough
sorry for my ignorance but i wouldnt know here to start without help,i have a dyndns address which is linked to my ip ie 82.##.##.## address,Is this correct?
i at the moment have dhcp on both boxes is this not right,its really hard trying to learn all this stuff because everyone else seems to know the basics and i seem to get lost straight away.More help would be really appreciated.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Why do you have a dyndns address?

birdman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
middlesbrough
Because I tryed to watch the box from work and was advised to set one up

A nonymous

Reaction score
If your only sharing within the home you don't need a dyndns address, you just use the internal networks ip address.

Something like box 1 = 192.168.0.2, & box 2 = 192.168.0.3.

You don't need a dns address for sharing between 2 receivers on the same internal network.

Nano

birdman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
middlesbrough
The dyndns address isn't in the boxes it just been set up for my router ip shall I get rid then

A nonymous

Reaction score
Please explain exactly what you are trying to do. Are you trying to watch between two boxes in the home or one box in the home and one at work or both

Nano

birdman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
middlesbrough
No , Sorry for the confusion it was a while ago when trying to watch my box from my office through the network ip,The guide i followed advised to setup dyndns account, but thats not what im trying to do, No i have vu duo downstairs and dm 500 upstairs,dm on uk only with share from my cs.and downstairs i have vu duo in main living room connected to same cs but with different assigned lines,i tyed using the same lines but got warned not to go there.anyway today i have had major freezes upps, when i checked both boxes where on same ip, the one upstairs (dm500) is running of homeplugs,which have also been a bummer to get working ive bought 3 different pairs one tplink85mbs 2nd, technomate 85mbs and the best of the bunch that i think work best and will be keeping tesco technika 200mbs

birdman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
middlesbrough
yes payed cs.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Sorry you'll get no help here. We have nothing to do with Payserver scumbags or the people that use them.

I suggest you speak to the people you pay for your channels from, I can guarentee they won't be interested, they never are once they have your money.

Thread closed,

Discussion ended.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
birdman99 said:
sorry for my ignorance but i wouldnt know here to start without help,i have a dyndns address which is linked to my ip ie 82.##.##.## address,Is this correct?
i at the moment have dhcp on both boxes is this not right,its really hard trying to learn all this stuff because everyone else seems to know the basics and i seem to get lost straight away.More help would be really appreciated.

Home networking is a bit of a black art.

However there is one golden rule.

Every item of equipment on the network must have an individual address. If you work somewhere where there is a computer network then your IT guys will tell you the same.

Basically you decide that one item (normally your router) will be the item to assign ip addresses. One and only one location must do this or you end up with conflicts.

get a pencil & a piece of paper & write down everything on your network. Then assign IP addresses to each bit of kit, and manually set this on each bit of kit.

Then log into your router admin panel and reserve each of these addresses so they wont be reallocated in the future.

Its probably a couple of hours work, but well worth doing..

Make sure you write down your full list of IP addresses - sooner or later you will need the info - I keep a small notepad txt file on my computer which I update every time I make a change.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sorry nano - that reply took a while to type! :-rofl2

A nonymous

Reaction score
I'll forgive you :D

I hate Payservers and anyone else that uses them. the way i also see it is that if we allow free discussion of pay servers it won't be long before we get the likes of NDS or Irdeto knocking on our doors.

Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.