ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
www.needsnapbackhats.com
My Satellite Setup
fine
My Location
china
I came to your article from another article and am really interested in this learning about this, I feel strongly about information and love learning more on this. If possible, as you gain expertise, It is extremely helpful for me.

SergioBrasil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70w , 43 w, 30w
My Location
Brasil
martinmahmou said:
I came to your article from another article and am really interested in this learning about this, I feel strongly about information and love learning more on this. If possible, as you gain expertise, It is extremely helpful for me.
a´m brasilian ...só is im PORTUGUESE: VOCÊ ESTÁ NA CHINA SENDE YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
SergioBrasil said:
a´m brasilian ...só is im PORTUGUESE: VOCÊ ESTÁ NA CHINA SENDE YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE

@ SergioBrasil, Private message privileges will not be granted to new members.

SergioBrasil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70w , 43 w, 30w
My Location
Brasil
satelliteman said:
@ SergioBrasil, Private message privileges will not be granted to new members.

Around the world, another forum, this way is obsolete....if the objective is to integrate?? why not.......... but ok i´ll wait........................ok

[warning]Quote and Reply fixed[/warning]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
SergioBrasil said:
Around the world, another forum, this way is obsolete....if the objective is to integrate?? why not.......... but ok i´ll wait........................ok

The person to whom you wished to send a PM is no longer a Member of this Forum.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
SergioBrasil said:
...if the objective is to integrate? why not...
The rule is there to protect all of our members (including you) from spammers. We had people joining and then immediately sending Private Messages out which had nothing to do with the forum. Not surpisingly martinmahmou was identified as a spammer and has now been banned.

When you have been a member a little longer and made a few more posts the PM privilege will be given to you.

SergioBrasil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70w , 43 w, 30w
My Location
Brasil
PaulR said:
The rule is there to protect all of our members (including you) from spammers. We had people joining and then immediately sending Private Messages out which had nothing to do with the forum. Not surpisingly martinmahmou was identified as a spammer and has now been banned.

When you have been a member a little longer and made a few more posts the PM privilege will be given to you.
thanks
I always think, ""when you enter this room or that,what will I do there?
my area is planning.....
the secretis....think before doing

Luis Topf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDTV. International Satellite.
My Location
Manchester
Hi everyone Ive just joined, just thought I'd say hello
:-doh2

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Warm welcome to the forum ;)

Luis Topf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDTV. International Satellite.
My Location
Manchester
Thanks. There is so much useful stuff on here!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Luis Topf said:
Hi everyone Ive just joined, just thought I'd say hello
:-doh2

Hello Luis - and welcome!

(I'm slightly puzzled by German IP address, though?)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Welcome from me as well, Luis. Yes there's certainly plenty of reading here!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
:-Welcome1 to the forum Luis. Enjoy your stay here :)

davidsan

Reaction score
Website
www.toowaycompare.com
My Satellite Setup
None (yet)
My Location
UK
Hello!

My name is David. Been seeing the odd thread on here a while now whilst doing research for content on my site so I assumed I'd sign up and try to join in. I do struggle to keep track of forums and join in though, but I'll try REALLY hard!

I live in Hampshire in the UK and my interest in all things satellite happened about a year ago when I realised the UK was miles behind the rest of Europe for broadband penetration. Seems mad! Living in a rural area I'm lucky I'm not stuck with too band a connection as we have BT infinity, but I know many a people further out than me still having issues.

Sadly I didn't have time to attend meetings and really "rage against the machine" as some may say, so I started a website last year called Tooway Compare to try and do my bit for promoting the satellite internet option as I genuinely think some areas are doomed for cabling options as it just won't be worth the return investment. It's not perfect but it beats dial up speeds! I recently got an in depth detailed Satellite Internet usage calculator made after seeing most the ones already online were vague (how big is a photo for example? Am I uploading digital camera pictures to FB or full res images to a photography site!?) which I'm quite happy with. Would love people to take a look, any feedback welcome!

_http://www.toowaycompare.com/usage.php

Anyway, glad to meet you all and look forward to chatting!:-beer Also looking forward to reading a bit more as I'm still cluing up to the industry and how all the technology works!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Welcome to the Forum :D

PS: I've disabled the live external link in your Post as we don't permit them here.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Welcome Davidsan from me as well.

Funnily enough there was a report last night on our local BBC news programme (North West Tonight) about a group of villages who have banded together to install their own fibre cabling for fast Internet access. They are quite literally digging the trenches and making the joints themselves.

Something to think about?

davidsan

Reaction score
Website
www.toowaycompare.com
My Satellite Setup
None (yet)
My Location
UK
Yep seen it! These guys seem to be the inspiration as far as I know but far more legit. b4rn.org.uk Would love to know the names of these villages if you remember PaulR and do some digging!

It's amazing that connectivity is so bad community projects are being started to do it themselves. Not sure about the legality of it (ie. land ownership, environmental, there's laws in place as to what you can and can't do I'd imagine) but even the government hits 2015 targets they're making intercity connections even faster so the gap will still exist. Of course when Telecoms installed copper cabling all over the country over 50 years ago the internet wasn't even an idea.

In the UK Satellite internet has always been dark horse as it costs a lot and is still second to a decent cable connection for latency and bandwidth, but the launch of Tooway and the KA-SAT has made prices across Europe drop and improved speed. It's predicted that by next year speeds could hit 50Mpbs which is a big improvement on the current 10Mbps. n the US as it's a bigger country with more wasteland Satellite Internet is a common solution for many people.

And no problem with the link, thanks for leaving it up for people to check out though! ;)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
davidsan said:
...if you remember PaulR and do some digging!
Metaphorically speaking?

This is the best I can do _http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/9711150.stm - the NW Tonight piece was much longer but they are only available for 24 hours afterwards. If you want to continue I suggest you start a new thread rather than taking this one off-topic.

mkrd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T-90+Azbox HD Premium+Sagemcom+Dreamsk NPX 256 HD
Technisat Mulytenne+Technisat 40''LED TV+Multitunner HD built in
My Location
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Hello Everybody here, been reading rlong time jus did not have ime to post jet time come Great knowledege here and kind people to share it for free.
Thx
Regards Marek

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi mkrd, welcome to the forum :)