Newbie Here Newbie saying 'Hello'

Shifty_176

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Old-timer who used to have a motorised 1.2m Channel Master dish with Echostar receiver, just returning to the hobby and starting down the Linux Enigma box rabbit hole.
My Location
Manchester UK
Hello, everyone.

Name here is Liz, but will answer to "Shifty" as well.

We (my other half and I) are just returning to satellite stuff after some years. We started in the 90's with a Irte Omnisat and a Pace MSS300 so we could watch the Tour de France, and very quickly ended up with a variety of dishes and boxes over the years, culminating in a Channel Master 1.2m dish on a polar mount and an Echostar DVB-s box (AD-3000 or some similar name - it's a long time ago!). Life (work, mostly) intervened, and things change, so now we're starting again pretty much from scratch.

We're both what used to be referred to as 'geeks' and used to work in the technical side of broadcasting, so satellite gear was a natural thing for us, even though we were both based in fixed studio installations. I also have a reasonable familiarity with Linux, being an early adopter, so it looks like we'll be heading down the Enigma2 road.

I'll be reading a lot, but might not post much!

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Welcome to the forum Shifty_176.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Welcome to the forum. There's plenty here to get your collective teeth into.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
Hello, everyone.

Name here is Liz, but will answer to "Shifty" as well.

We (my other half and I) are just returning to satellite stuff after some years. We started in the 90's with a Irte Omnisat and a Pace MSS300 so we could watch the Tour de France, and very quickly ended up with a variety of dishes and boxes over the years, culminating in a Channel Master 1.2m dish on a polar mount and an Echostar DVB-s box (AD-3000 or some similar name - it's a long time ago!). Life (work, mostly) intervened, and things change, so now we're starting again pretty much from scratch.

We're both what used to be referred to as 'geeks' and used to work in the technical side of broadcasting, so satellite gear was a natural thing for us, even though we were both based in fixed studio installations. I also have a reasonable familiarity with Linux, being an early adopter, so it looks like we'll be heading down the Enigma2 road.

I'll be reading a lot, but might not post much!
welcome @Shifty_176

Nalleman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,8 Channel Master, Black Pro LNB with CM feedhorn for 28 E which is my main interest when watching TV. VU+ DUO 4K SE, VU+ DUO 2, Octagon SF8008 and Vantage 8000 S and TS receivers. Fixed dishes at: 42 E (0,75 m), 28,2/28,5 E (1,8 m), 19,2 E (1,5 m), 13 E (1,1 m), 9 E (0,7 m), 5 E (1,2 m) and 1 W (0,7 m).
My Location
Sweden
Welcome to a great forum!