Oh yes!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
They say Sir Alex is a drunk has-been, lost the plot, SCholes and Giggs long past their best, Berbotov a failure, Carick a waste of money, Nani rubbish, Van der Saar too old, without Ronaldo and the Troll the team will finish below the top 4 and the list goes on and on. But at the end of the day, United is still better than those noisy pretenders. Maybe if they would have kept a bit more quiet and did not talk so much before the game about their first final and that they are going to surpass United, it would not have been so sweet.

All they have to remember: It is easy to spend millions and lillions on players, but it is very hard to win. They think Chelsea did it with Abramovic, but they forgot that Chelsea were a top team even before that, winning the odd cup way before the Rubels came in.

Anyway, the win over the two legs proved clearlythat citey have a long way to go!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Just a small addition: I hope they will find the stupid coin and bottle throwers and ban them from the grounds forever. I don't care which club you support, there simply is no place in football or sport for such behaviour. If this is not taken care of we will end up with barriers and fences again, and nobody wants that.

evilronald

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC - P4, 512mb, 120gb HDD, nVidia 512mb, win XP.
SATELLITE - Manhattan Plaza XT-CM, 54" Triax dish, single titanium LNB.
My Location
Widnes, Cheshire, United Kingdom
the problem with city is they are expecting instant success now, but its not going to happen, dont get me wrong they will get success eventually but its not going to happen over night simply because they lack what man united, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool *my club :D* has and money cant buy, and thats the experience of getting to finals, winning cups, and good league positions on a regular basis. they will win something eventually, but for now its still in the making i reckon.

*the above does not apply to liverpool this particular season:-ohcrap, but you get my point!*

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure who says all of that TeeGee, but I'm pretty sure that most intelligent people don't think it, perhaps the ones who do, are purely trying to wind up Manchester United fans.;)

Winning or losing two matches is not an indication of overall success or failure, another couple of seasons will be the true indicator.

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Whatever other opposing fans think about Man Utd it has to be said that Scholes is a midfield rock, Giggs is playing as good as ever, and they will win the Prem this year,

Oh and theres only 1 thing wrong with Rooney!! He ain,t playing for us!!!!!, he,s the tops

regards Dave

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yeah, I believe that if City keep on buying good players they will win something sooner than later, but to be considered a great team they will have to do it on a regular basis, something even Chelsea with their much better squad did not manage to do. I know that many people hate United, I can understand that because that's what United fans felt about Liverpool when they were the best team in the UK for a long time - but same as with Liverpool in the past, this success is very hard to gain, and even harder to sustain for such a period. And this must be a testament to Ferguson and his relentlessness (is there such a word???). So I respect that City want to kick United off their position, fair enough, but they should do the talking after their trophy cabinet has been found, dusted off, repaired, hinges oiled and repainted and displayed with a new shiny cup in there. Repeat that 5, 6 times and then start boasting and taking the piss.

I must say that I really enjoyed the recent Arsenal game. Obviously it was because of the result, but I was also delighted by the style of play. Not sure if it was because Nani and Rooney were so good, or maybe Arsenal had one of those off-nights, but the combination of Fletcher, Scholes and Carrick in the middle was great, and the speed of Rooney and Nani was nice to see.

Having said that, the result is obviously all that counts, but if Arseshavin had a slightly better day it would have been much more difficult, he did have a few chances...And Fabregas? Did not have a great game, but if United had such a player then god help the rest of the PL. A goal scoring attacking playmaker is what is missing...

But what really impressed me from both teams (and the ref) was that the game was without the regular theatrics, nobody was kicked, and generally it was a very fair and free flowing game. Well done both teams for that.

Now go on you Gunners and show Chelsea that you are not out of the PL race :)