Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7000S
Project Gemini 4.40
Nabilosat Darkstar II
My Location
Stockholm
Hi.
I have 3 dreamboxes, original 7000s (The best one!), original 800s (sucks) and clone 500s.
The diseqcs control on the 500s and 800s are really bad. I've got the 800s to work good after att lot of trying different settings as well as different Diseqcs.
The 500S still has problem. I use it in my summerhouse and there's a really long cable between the dish and the receiver (50 m). This was not a problem with my old echostar receiver, it switched perfectly.

Now Im thinking about trying the Openbox. As I can understand there's no big difference between the s9 and s10. What about s11? It's still just a 300mhz processor..?
The most important of all, how is the disceqc control on these receivers? I have a 4-way switch.
With my DB I can switch 1 --> 2, 1--> 3, 2-->1 but not 3-->1 :S
Are these receivers stable? How is the PVR function? Subtitle support? Does the subtitle get out of sync when recordning / using timeshift as in all known dreambox images? Are the tuners good?

As im using the receiver in my summerhouse I need a easy config. I dont want to mess around with serial cables and stuff when I only have my laptop with me. It should also be easy to change mgcamd (client) settings...