Polar Mount Help please

pompeyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88 Dish, Polar Mount, 12" Superjack, Technomate 5500DAPCI, Xcam Module
My Location
Northampton
I've been trying to set up my triax polar mount with a triax 88cm offset dish, think its a 26 degree ofset angle.

Spoke to the guys who I bought it from and they told me to set the polar mount elevation to around 37 degrees, but another company told me to set it at 52 degrees.

I've tried this based on 1W but when I switch to 13E I'm mising some channels, finding only 300 on 13E - bit low for 6 birds!

Anyone who can help, especialy if your near Northampton.

Street map gives my location as Lat 52.13N , 0.54W

I'm getting really confused on this now - :confused Its taken me days to just play with this and 'er indoors is getting pee'd off. Cause she can't get the channels I promised her - stupid of me I know but need to keep the ladies sweet if we are to get those channels we really want!!!;)

Any help guys please.

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi pompeyblue,
i knocked this up, when i changed from a diqesc mount to polar mount, and my lat is 51.25n.
there is a new install example in the txt.
by the way, according to what i have read, the elevation is
90deg - lat= elevation.
but i am a little confused, if you are getting 300 channels from 13E, then your settings can not be to far out, it may be some other problem, on my channel list there are 247 fta, alone.
i would suggest you start from 1 w, and work out from there tuning each sat, until you can not get anything, this way you can see how you are faring against the arc, go east first, when you find the extremity, then go back to 1w and go the other way ,but there are less choices in that direction.

it might help
phil

pompeyblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 88 Dish, Polar Mount, 12" Superjack, Technomate 5500DAPCI, Xcam Module
My Location
Northampton
Cheers for the info. I was sligthly out of line but now I can get well over 900 on 13e. I can now see from 45e to 36w. Wive is well happy now - so am I, no more ear ache!!!

Now I can also watch the footy.

Chhers once again:-righton