Problem with Matrix Cam Reborn: Al Jazeera Sport... Help Please

Tuz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NEED INFO???
My Location
LONDON
OK I've got a 'DSB-2200 2ci' and i resontly bought both a 'Matrix Cam Reborn' and a "Al Jazeera sport Card". This is for viewing The Al Jazeera sport channels on Hotbird. When the Cam and card are inserted a message say "reeding smart card" however after a while this message goes away and then it says the signal is scrambled...

Does anyone have an idea as to what could be the problem.. do i need to update something, is it the wrong cam, wrong receiver?

Cheers

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
To be honest Tuz I do not know if the MR has an Irdeto 2 emulator in it perhaps someone else does.

The Fatty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Nokia 9600S (DVB2000)
Skystar 2
My Location
Devon
the MRB does, but it shouldnt matter, EMU's are only for when your no using a card...the reborn. i quote "

Matrix CAM Reborn - New OmniCrypt version of the Matrix CAM

Emulation w/ keyeditor:
Irdeto/Betacrypt AU
Viaccess/TPSCrypt AU
Seca
Nagra AU
Conax

Matrix Reborn Cam is a new cam with many functions based on the new OmniCrypt Chip. It can be used with Seca, Viaccess, Irdeto, conax and Cryptoworks official cards."

if you've already go the card, theres no harm in trying to use just the built in emu for the channel...may work, never know.

Tuz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NEED INFO???
My Location
LONDON
My reciever hasn't got a built in EMU, Thats why I bought the MCR, n I do already have the card... cheers for the suggestion, does anyone else have any ideas??