Problems using USB HD with the Passion +

Nick Hood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion + with seagate 500gb HD via usb
My Location
UK
Hi, Newbie here.

I have just set up a Passion+ on my old sky dish and it all appears to work ok...except the USB HD. I got it from Maplins and its a seagate 500GB thatb they said they have tested it with.

I is recognised but is hit and miss when you go to USB and try to view a recording (or sometimes when trying to record / timesift) It says USB not ready or not FAT 32.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Nick Hood said:
Hi, Newbie here.

I have just set up a Passion+ on my old sky dish and it all appears to work ok...except the USB HD. I got it from Maplins and its a seagate 500GB thatb they said they have tested it with.

I is recognised but is hit and miss when you go to USB and try to view a recording (or sometimes when trying to record / timesift) It says USB not ready or not FAT 32.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

This could help
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/fortecstar-hd/132085-passion-plus-hard-disc-problem.html

Bbigfoot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400irc
80cm Dish
Invacom 0.3 LNB
ToH 3.3 5.7.

P4 Xp home
3.2 pro.
My Location
Tyne Wear
Hi Nick Hood,

Try this, (Event Recording Bug Fixed).

Nick Hood

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion + with seagate 500gb HD via usb
My Location
UK
Thanks all,

Will try both options and let you know if it works.

Nick

Nig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion and
Fortec Innovation with
WD elements HD 1tb
My Location
England
Nick, I use an Innovation but I don't think it makes much difference. I have the same prob sometimes. One easy way to cure it which works for me is to connect the harddrive to your computer. Then run checkdisc on it (My computer/rightclick -properties/Tools/Error checking) Then reconnect to your Passion+ and hope for best. Nuisance to have to do this tho when in a hurry to record a programme.

malchall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec passion+
My Location
uk
I have also recently bought a passion + STB, the box is great and it does record to HDD but mine won't stop spinning (it has it's own psu) even though the HDD external power control on the box is turned on. So, as I don't record much, I decided to buy a 16gb pen drive (Emtech), it doesn't like it says not ready or not fat 32, have formatted it in the box and also in my PC. The drive works fine with the pc. I had an 8gb pen drive and that works fine. Can anybody help. Thanks.

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
The current software powers up to select the rear USB socket, so if you attach a drive to the front socket you need to switch the STB to the front socket. If the drive still isn't recognised try switching the STB between the front and back USB sockets to force and initialization (reading of the FAT).

malchall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec passion+
My Location
uk
Thanks for that, I have already tried it. I would ideally like to return to using my hard drive does anyone know how to stop it spinning when it is not in use? I have the ext hdd control turned on

malchall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec passion+
My Location
uk
is 113 the latest software for the passion+?

Peter Nash

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star HD Digital Satillite System Passion+ with a Maxtor Basics external hard drive.
My Location
Bedfordshire
I also have a Passion+ it will record direct onto the hard disc but not with the timer it will switch on ans switch off but nothing on the hard disc.