QBOX HD coming soon

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Send the box back to Duolabs Santo - the first Beta Boxes are not working correctly. THey will replace it. They replaced mine, since then the box is much better. Still some problems, but software related.

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
Thx T_G.

Yes,sure the best thing to do as you see how fed up I am with the box.you and others helped A lot with little success.I thought once I'd be better with the Idiots team to be honest.
Quite difficult to > duolabs as it's bought in Spain for me in morocco by my son inlaw living there.lot of negotiations though! Bit complicated.
Now you understand my perseverance and boring questions!

Thanks any way

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
I can't understand why Duolabs put in hands of worldwide dealers a product with so many imperfections and annoying bugs for,in the end,have to force people-frustrated-to beg for the replacement after having paid a high price.
Simple questions ! No comment!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Santos, I understand your frustration but the box was always a beta box - bugs and problems were always going to happen - but I still think that in the end it will be a good box - and not as expensive as that other company.

If I was you I would simply send it back by registered delivery, so they cannot say they did not get it, and with it a short letter saying that "the box is faulty, it must have a hardware problem - please replace". Provide them with your return address (wherever you want it to be sent (Morocco or Spain) - I am pretty sure they will do the right thing.

They have swapped mine without a problem and sent it to Germany - obviously a bit cheaper but still... I cannot think why they would refuse to change yours. at the end of the day it is your decision, I am sure Duolabs will sort it out for you.

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
thank you T_G

That is a good option,maybe it will work.if not RABBISH will be next destination.dreambox800 is doing well for now.
Any way I have learnt a lot with all of you.
Really grateful

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Send it back and let me know what happened

birav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
measat 91.5e
windows xp
My Location
india
hello sir,
i saw QBOX HD configuration.This having two LNB input.Now i'm using to two sat receivers,one for Ku band another for C Band,in this Ku band receiver also used to control the h-h motor.i'm interest to use single receiver can done this things.any chance to do this.i'm waiting for ur reply

Thank you

Raitsa

Reaction score
Website
www.huoltovalikko.com
My Satellite Setup
Sony Pearl + Stewart Firehawk 182cm, OpenElec + 3 * Intel NUC, Vu+ Solo2 & T90+8lnb, 28Tb Thecus N7510 NAS, Denon AVR 2310, AMX+ 3*Ipad, 3*KefQ1, 4*KefQ2DS, HSU VTF-3 MK3 turbo
My Location
Kirjala, Finland
_http://www.qboxsvn.com/ always up to date.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nice one Raitsa. They are publishing the source code there, hopefully one of the teams will start to get stuck into it and produce some Images :)

clweb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC XP SP3
Dremabox 7000
Qbox HD
My Location
France
Hi,
I've got a Qbox HD 10 days ago. The software is still in a kind of beta stage, but as updates are coming often, it will be a nice gear in a near future.
I hope so...
One question puzzles me: it is stated the internal RAM is 128 MB.
When I open a telnet session and enter the 'free' command to show the memory only 61 MB are shown as total memory (see picture)
Any explanations ?

One more question: somebody managed it to display something using the YUV (component) video output? As my TV has no HDMI, I only have SCART and YUV.
YUV should give me a better picture than SCART.

Attachments

• FreeMemQb.jpg
    FreeMemQb.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 28

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sorry, can't help you with both - I saw that you posted the question on the german forum. Did you not get an answer there?

I don't think you will be able to get HD using scart or YUV.

Did you try it and it did not work?

clweb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC XP SP3
Dremabox 7000
Qbox HD
My Location
France
Hello
Thank you for the quick answer.
I think with YUV I should get a better picture because it support 1080i.
My TV is "HD ready".
I tryed with YUV on a more modern TV also and no display. The Duolabs support did not give me an answer. I have also a DVI input on my TV, and with DVI cable + HDMI/DVI adaptor: no picture. For this Duolabs confirmed that it does not work for the moment.

For the RAM memory it would be interesting to see if other poeple have the same reading. Maybe there is an explnation. I think I will ask Duolabs too.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Mine is roughly the same, see screenshot

Attachments

• memory.jpg
    memory.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 46

wolftje

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
strong 6850 astra1
My Location
belgium
Hi,

In reply on this thread
First of all I need to say that people are a bit lazy nowadays. Seems that people forgot where Dream Media started when they rolled out the DM800HD & DM8000HD. Images were vey unstable then and regular crashes of the system were no exception. Please stop accusing Duolabs !
Learn to use Linux OS and the commands and feel the real power of those systems.
As for the Lazy part, Dream Media is expensive and with a push of a button
you can download stuff but at the end you don't understand anything about the system which it is running on......
Try to learn and understand, read a bit. do some experiments. You will be amazed about the knowledgegain you get !

The latest Image 19.06.2009 and boot 12.09.2009 are very good & stable.
Lots of things are solved now.
HYPERCAM 1.06 lets you use your original smartcard in the QboxHD
The Incubuscam 0.83 CCcam Client works fast but after 10 minutes can stop working depending on what channel you are and type of encryption.

We are all waiting for the Underworld Plugin (built-in Diablocam)
I'm Sure most of the people that are b * t ching on the QboxHD will not complain anymore then when this works.

SO go buy yrself a DM8000HD with a diablocam Wifi to gain the same result ;) I rather wait a bit, try some stuff and experiment in the mean while and Pay Half the price !!!

At the moment i'm watching 100% stable HD channels with my off. smartcard & hypercam. I can record and i can import my Dreambox HD channels list.

Take Note :
In order to get the maximum out of hypercam you should edit the conf file
In order to get the maximum out of incubus you really need the Prio file to be properly edited.

kaneguru

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
QBOX HD
My Location
hungary
clweb said:
Hi,
I've got a Qbox HD 10 days ago. The software is still in a kind of beta stage, but as updates are coming often, it will be a nice gear in a near future.
I hope so...
One question puzzles me: it is stated the internal RAM is 128 MB.
When I open a telnet session and enter the 'free' command to show the memory only 61 MB are shown as total memory (see picture)
Any explanations ?

One more question: somebody managed it to display something using the YUV (component) video output? As my TV has no HDMI, I only have SCART and YUV.
YUV should give me a better picture than SCART.

YUV doesn´t work.
And HDMI only 1080i,whatever you edit in config.
it is an bug.
audio also,only PCM come out,not Dolby5.1

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I have to agree with some of he points you said Wolfie. To be honest, I will never be able to program things for the box, but then I don't mind waiting and playing with it. I do remember the first days of the Dreambox, long before the Gemini images came out - just zappng a few channels would crash the box...

Anyway, regarding the prio file, what exactly needs to be configured there? I get incubus to work no more than 3 minutes on an SD channel - not good enough. The funny thing is it used to work fine a month or so ago, when it was version 0.58 , now it is terible. Any clues?

Cheers, TG

clweb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC XP SP3
Dremabox 7000
Qbox HD
My Location
France
Yes poeple tnd to forget quicky. When I remember, my DM7000 had no great Uptimes at the beginning (July 2003), and the Box was a few months old. The first time the uptime was over 100 hours, I was really happy. And I think that was a few years ago now, but we think it was always so.
So, wait and see. The Qbox has much potential.

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
Hi T_G
well,the days before I was negotiating hard with the Spanish reseller of my qboxhd because of the 2year garantie.
They agree to repair under condition of only Duolabs sw in.
So,scheptical as I am because Spanish dealers are bit special,if it's sent there it will be returned after a decade without any repairs and with only the initial factory sw.

So,it's now on the shelf and I have an eye on a real good Duolabs work.I see they are asking developpers to join them to face,I guess, the growing claims from shouting users!
I am confident,as you once said,the box will be interesting(crossing fingers)

wish the best to you and all boxers

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Santos

Listen to me: Send it back directly to Duolabs. Send it by registerred post so it can't get "lost" in the post, with a short letter saying "the hardware is not ok please replace/repair". Nothing more nothin less. That's all that is needed.

Put in your home address and email on the letter, and stick a copy of it onto the box with some sticky tape, just to be sure. They will repair/replace it. What are they going to say, we are not repairing it?

Stop messing about, just do it - I know of several people that already had their boxes replaced, no problem.

The software updates are coming in once a week now, with a lot of improvements all the time.

santosanto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRA/HOTBIRD QboxHD
WINDOWS_xp_sp3
My Location
morocco
Thank you T_G (Terrific_Guy)

thus , I will do for sure.and tell you