Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Does anyone know how to resolve box halted message on relook 400s, abcom image, thank u. please be specific as unit starts then box halted message comes up. thanks

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hi there. Are you using the abcom enigma image ar a dgs based image? Definately souunds like a bootloader problem. Have you recently changed from an enigma based image to a dgs based image. If so you must flash the box with an "all" image and not a "noboot" image as these images contain no bootloaders. So you may have an enigma image with a dgs bootloader or vice versa. Do you have the required software and the correct usb lead to reflash.

You will need a program called flashtools and the usb vesta driver.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Thanks for ur kind help. I have no clue if the image is enigma based or dgs. What I did is I pressed reboot enigma and the box freaked out in stead of retart box. Thanks

kamaxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar ad3000ip,Topfield 5200,Relook 400s,Sinuta 120cm,Triax 88cm and other 2 dishes,Sharp,Inverto,Alps LNBs,Belden sat cable and many more
My Location
turkey
powel000 said:
Thanks for ur kind help. I have no clue if the image is enigma based or dgs. What I did is I pressed reboot enigma and the box freaked out in stead of retart box. Thanks

@powel000,

I hope this will help you.I can share my knowledge If You need some more

Regards,

mazen_094

Reaction score
@ powel000,
I use Mutant 200 and recently flashed an AB Enigma image, and experienced the very same problem. Another con for this image that its database supports 4 satellites only. That was more than enough to intimidate me.
I flashed my receiver with SifTeam-1.9.3C and very happy with its stability. Still configuring the image to meet my requirements.

If you don't have a good reason to use AB Enigma I recommend SifTeam image.

kamaxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar ad3000ip,Topfield 5200,Relook 400s,Sinuta 120cm,Triax 88cm and other 2 dishes,Sharp,Inverto,Alps LNBs,Belden sat cable and many more
My Location
turkey
Sifteam image differs abcom enigma image as the followings

Sifteam image
+Fast zapping
+Easy to use
+Stability
-Skins

Abcom Image
+IPK Files
+Skins
-No holding on remember the last channel.I think This is general problem because of eprom.

400S has a flash memory capacity of 8mb but I met box halted when I totally downloaded image,skins,addons and etc. bigger than 8mb

mazen_094

Reaction score
@Kamaxx
You are right mate the channel zapping is TERRIBLY fast!!! Very good point for SifTeam. I should say that my system has gone read-only, and so I have to reflash it to solve the problem. I think my system has gone read-only because I didn't changed the mID value at the first bootup. At that time I got no clue what that mID things is.

@ Powel0000
Ok mate! You suffer most among us all. Have you chosen another image or what?

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
The AbCom enigma image for the 400s is rock solid, I have been using it 24/7 for months, as a server to peers and my Dreambox 800 & 500, I have tried others but always end up going back as reliability is required, I know this image will run perfect and i can leave the house safe that my box wont lock up and leave my friends missing the match, :) *****

mazen_094

Reaction score
@tomthebomb1968
I ve got no clue how an 400s image will perform on a 400s box. But the general rule is to keep playing with the box to minimum and add required plugins ONLY. As a beginner I will expect a lot of hangings, haltings, read-only systems. I am still a beginner as far as linux-based STBs are concerned. After having flashed about 5 images, I am, honestly, proud that I have never had to JTAG my box YET !!!

mazen_094

Reaction score
@kamaxx
Hi m8,
I have flashed my receiver with SifTeam 1.9.3C and this is the second time my systems goes read-only. Although I changed the model ID to 20 right at the first boot, it went read only after less than 24hours.

What am I doing wrong

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Try changing the mid to 40 or Dreamox 7000

mazen_094

Reaction score
Ok man,

I did try this but no luck. I also tried many other images than SifTeam and still have the same problem.

On a brighter note, NOT all folders are read only. I also found from other forums that the majority of Enigma based images have the same restriction when you try to modify the contents of specific folders such as the /share folder. In other words, the creators of Enigma based images deliberately compile those images and add the read only restriction to some sensitive folders such as the /share folder.

I will be grateful if you can post a link to an Enigma based image for relook 200s and doesn't have this silly limitation.

As a Linux fan, I will also try to look around for a way to remove this terrible attribute from the required folders. Or if you know how, then you will save my life :).

Cheers,

kamaxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
turkey
mazen_094 said:
Ok man,

I did try this but no luck. I also tried many other images than SifTeam and still have the same problem.

On a brighter note, NOT all folders are read only. I also found from other forums that the majority of Enigma based images have the same restriction when you try to modify the contents of specific folders such as the /share folder. In other words, the creators of Enigma based images deliberately compile those images and add the read only restriction to some sensitive folders such as the /share folder.

I will be grateful if you can post a link to an Enigma based image for relook 200s and doesn't have this silly limitation.

As a Linux fan, I will also try to look around for a way to remove this terrible attribute from the required folders. Or if you know how, then you will save my life :).

Cheers,

Hi,
You are exactly right for this problem.I met this problem alot of times