samsung tv 3d ready?

conn1987

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50" samsung hd ready tv
My Location
Bristol
hi guys first post on here! i have a 50" hd ready samsung tv and on the back it has a 3d adapter socket, now im wondering if there is something out there that i can buy thats meant to fit this so i can watch 3d tv and save myself loads of money any help is very grateful and thanks in advane:-thumb1

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello

Welcome to the forum conn1987

What are you wanting to watch in 3d?, there is only sky doing the odd transmission now and then so a sky HD box and subscription will no doubt be required. TBH I have no knowledge or indeed interest in HD yet as my one and only experience of 3D at the cinema left me feeling quite ill.
How do you think you can get something to save you money?, as yet 3D is in its infancy and sky is totally secure so what do you think is available to help you to save money?

conn1987

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50" samsung hd ready tv
My Location
Bristol
thanks, i would be saving money by buying something that plugs into my tv to make it a 3d one rather than going out and buying a completely new tv, Also the new 3d tv's convert ordinary 2d into 3d dont they ? so im just wondering what kind of adapter my tv takes as there is a socket on the back saying 3d adapter

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
What's the model number of your television?
Have you checked the manual, or the samsung website?

conn1987

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50" samsung hd ready tv
My Location
Bristol
PS50B451B2W tried both with no luck!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
A quick google search brought up this:
Code:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=PS50B451B2W

Under the FAQ's they have one little article on the subject:

"TV : What is the quality of 2D to 3D conversion vs standard TV and vs 3D TV?

Standard TV is a flat 2D picture that can be watched without the need for 3D glasses.

2D to 3D conversion is a step-up from this where there is “3D-like” depth but when you step up to native 3D content (i.e. 3D Blu-ray disc), you will see the full depth of 3D that is almost life-like to reach out and touch."

Might be worth checking the downloadable manuals, or emailing samsung support.

conn1987

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50" samsung hd ready tv
My Location
Bristol
interesting wonder how i missed that, thanks, so basically the 3d socket is for a 3d blue ray player and by using that it will turn my tv into a 3d tv so going to look into it thanks again