SATLINK WS-6908 Monitor Problem :(

alifaraji

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
WS-6908
My Location
Iran
Hi guys, my friend sent to me an update ssu and bin file for SATLINK WS-6908. after update i have problem with device monitor, when turn on my device monitor showing red, white, green... colors like android RGB test.
i need last firmware ssu file and loader file for install monitor drivers on my device please help me. <3

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Sounds like you possibly got a bad firmware file or possibly the wrong firmware file. Have you tried a factory reset to recover it. You’ve got to be so careful loading bin files particularly if you didn’t download them from reputable sources. Try searching YouTube as they have a number of videos discussing problems with the WS6908.

alifaraji

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
WS-6908
My Location
Iran
Thanks bro, I did not find the official source to download the file. Do you have a valid link?

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Thanks bro, I did not find the official source to download the file. Do you have a valid link?
I don’t. Again some of those YouTube videos should fill you in though. You could try contacting these guys and request the relevant model firmware Software updates

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Chinese satellite meters often use different components among the same model line, especially on OEM versions.
This means that while your meter is physically looking the same as some other meter, it might be using a different HW revision and/or LCD screen.
The FW often reflects that by stating LCD01, LCD02, LCD03, ... in the FW description. If you flash a FW with the wrong LCD driver, the screen might behave funny: either it won't work at all or show everything interlaced or with some other errors.
The way around is to find the correct FW and flash it: all variations of the same OEM base model normally use the same boot loader and recovery is possible if you find the correct FW version.

Old Dave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MediaStar HD-1100S Satlink WS-6908
My Location
Australia
Hi Guys, bit of a newb on this stuff but I would like to know how you accessed the ssu & bin files in the WS-6908 and what to use to edit the satellite list seeing it is so old. This is the most recent and relevant post on the forum so I thought I'd add on rather than starting all over. Hope that's ok. I can't find much info beyond the basic user guide. Satlink site has WS-6906 software but not WS-6908. Thanks in Advance, Dave

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
There may be a mini CD in the original box with editing software on it? My (different model) Satlink meter did but I haven't tried it.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hi Guys, bit of a newb on this stuff but I would like to know how you accessed the ssu & bin files in the WS-6908 and what to use to edit the satellite list seeing it is so old. This is the most recent and relevant post on the forum so I thought I'd add on rather than starting all over. Hope that's ok. I can't find much info beyond the basic user guide. Satlink site has WS-6906 software but not WS-6908. Thanks in Advance, Dave
Sat-Link site has this, for a fiver.