'scanning' under V1.1.0 working or not?

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
Is your scanning working properly under V1.1.0 s/w?

Mine goes through the motions. Frequencies are stepped through, bargraphs light when signals are found but no tv or radio idents appear in the respective panels, and no data is saved.

If I reload my previous channel data all channels are shown and selectable (by up/down rc buttons) but no channel numbers, just 0000.

I've experimented a bit and now assume there are two numbering systems in the v1.1.0 s/w, whereas in the previous sw there was just one. The 'freesat' system has fixed numbers 0101-09xx and the 'all channels' has the usual dynamic number system.

If you rescan 28.2E on the 'freesat' system (checking that the options are set to 'tv+radio' and 'free+cas', rather than the default 'tv' and 'free') new channels will be added prefixed 5xxx in both the tv and radio lists. These remain fixed numbers, so if you move any of the channels in the lists the number remains the same irrespective of position.

Any previously saved channel data lists don't have these fixed numbers so a default 0000 is used and they can be selected by up/down buttons, alphabet filter etc. but not by numberpad. Only new channels scanned in this 'freesat' mode can be selected by numberpad.

The P+ seems to default scan 'add new channels' so doesn't display any existing channels during a scan, and/or could then be confused by all channels numbered as 0000.

An initial scan of 28.2E in 'all channels' mode finds ITV HD but selecting 'default' has only BBC HD.

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
icarusi said:
An initial scan of 28.2E in 'all channels' mode finds ITV HD but selecting 'default' has only BBC HD.

The 'default' choice on 'all channels' seems to populate the freesat epg (when freesat epg is selected in the settings menu) quickest. Unfortunately the freesat epg is deselected at power off so needs to be reselected each time at power up. Most of the freesat epg populates the first 4 days as you watch. The remaining 3 days need the epg page to be onscreen until the next nearest hour has passed.

The 'default' has other sat channel data which can easily be deleted using 'menu>channel edit>delete channels>delete channels by satellite'. If all but 28.2 is left it's easy to rescan (set to free+cas and tv+radio to get all channels on 28.2) to get ITV HD which is missing from the 'default' list, then scan other sats as required. Menu>channel edit>channel lists together with the grey 'sat' button and the blue 'sort' button and options is a useful tool for performing sorts by free/cas and then alphabetical. The first satellite sorted seems to take the top of the 'all channels' list so decide that first.