SD Picture Very Soft

stefor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC Core2Quad 4gb 2tb, Technomate TH6900Super, Dreambox 800HD (Coming) 1m Dish, .2 lnb, TM2100 H-H, Diablo 2.3
My Location
North West, UK
Hi All

I've just took the plunge and bought a Vu+ Duo as a replacement for my Dreambox 800HD. On the Dreambox I use Blackhole, so I thought I'd give it a bash as my first image on the Duo. Everything installed well, but I do find the SD image quality a little bit soft compared to my Dreambox. A little like watching an old 70's movie when they thought it was cool to soft focus everything!

Does anyone else have this problem?

I've tried changing the sharpness in the menu, but it really doesn't do anything much. Any thoughts?

fresho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
td p4 2600
My Location
middle east
same here and still waiting an improvement on this matter...

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Haven't noticed a problem with the SD reproduction on my Solo. Have tried both VIX image and currently Black Hole, with no difference in picture quality. If anything, I say the VU+ just shaded my previous Vantage for SD and HD quality.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Picture quality is great here!