ShowBox Vitamin 500H vs Dreamsky NXP256HD

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
Hi Guys

2 questions

1. anyone got one of these and are they any good?

2. Saw this and wondered whats going on. What does this loop through do? Looks great and wonder can it be done of anything else?

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPABPXP21MI&feature=youtu.be

cheers

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
Hi guys

any takers on views on loops?

If no one has any of these - whats the closest match receivers that offer the same features as the above two?

cheers V

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Correct no takers...... I note the same lack of response from the original poster of the the (fake) video as well

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The loopthrough will work with any receiver, as long as the channel you tune is of the same polarity and same low or high band on both receivers, nothing clever there at all.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
cheers guys

just trying to get my head around the loop method.

some more research to be done then

thanks V

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The reason I mentioned fake is because in the video and in your your post there is a suggestion that the combination of loop through and subsequent stb will decrypt encrypted programs which of course it will not.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Topper said:
The reason I mentioned fake is because in the video and in your your post there is a suggestion that the combination of loop through and subsequent stb will decrypt encrypted programs which of course it will not.

Yes this is where I was getting confused - I was not sure what the loop was doing.

I guess I need to ask the question why would one loop through?

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
godzillafan said:
Yes this is where I was getting confused - I was not sure what the loop was doing.

I guess I need to ask the question why would one loop through?

If you have two receivers but just one cable from the LNB you can connect the second box from the "LNB out" from the first box.
Thats why there is Loop trough, but will only work on the second box as rolfw wrote in his reply #4

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Cheers H

Something I wont need for the moment, but going to read up more on this, looks like something to play with in the future.