sky epg on a relook 400s

s0ul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
great m8
My Location
uk
im just gettin a relook 400s and the wife wants me to keep the sky epg as its user friendly. im keep my legit sky sub so is there any way to emulate the orginal box or a epg that is like it ??

thx in advance

s0ul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
great m8
My Location
uk
could some 1 atleast just answer this for me lol ? i have been waiting a week now i simple yes/no would be good :D

femto

Ey up, Sither!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000-IP,
Manhattan Plaza ST100,
Gibertini 1m Dish,
Inverto Silver Tech 0.2,
Polar Mount,
12 Inch Actuator.
My Location
Bradford, W Yorks
Hi s0ul, welcome to the forum. :)

I'm not too sure about this... It's probably a 'no' but I can't say that for certain. The EPG is no doubt encrypted with Videoguard (the system that Sky use to scramble their channels) and therefore it will more than likely have been impossible to analyse the data that makes up the EPG information.

This data would more than likely be required in order for programmers to create a "Sky EPG emulator" program to include in the Relook 400S - basically, they'd need to know in what way the data was constructed in the datastream before a program could be written. I dare say it's not the same as a standard DVB EPG format.....that'd just be too easy!

I dare say it would be extremely difficult to do. Someone with more experience of these things may read this and say differently....which would be interesting. I must add that all I have said has been supposition and guesswork on my part!

In short: I don't know but I doubt it! :-deadhorse

I have a Sky sub and I have my Sky system totally separate to my motorised setup simply for convenience. I can mess around with the big motorised dish as much as I like but the Sky box is always on the correct satellite.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
There is a Sky EPG that is supposed to work on Dreamboxes. So if you load Enigma for Relook you'll at least be on the same platform.

It never made it to Version 1.0 thugh, and if it's any good or even if it still works I have no idea, but if you search in the Dreambox sections you'll find some info on it.

I couldn't be bothered and decided to stump up for Sky+ instead. Shame on me. :-ohmy

pt-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia DBox 2 Relook 400s Sky+ 160 minidish and 80cm 19.2 & 13
My Location
London UK
BskyB is using private EPG and Neutrino/Enigma and the original Relook Firmware are not supporting this format. All you get is now& next what makes it pretty useless as a PVR.

I was playing with something simular on the Dbox and there you can Import external EPG Data.

Have a look here for some more Info for the Relook
http://denktenk.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2031
You might need to register !

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
You could try the mv plugin for dreamboxes if you are using an enigma-based image. Dunno if it will work on relooks tho.

gbrowne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM1.2m
Relook receiver
My Location
South coast of Devon
Hi SOul,

Did you ever resolve this issue ?

I have a 400s and a FTA BskyB card, so I would have thought I should be able to receive the Sky EPG, but no I just get the odd 'now and next' data for the current channel and nothing much else. I am assuming that BskyB have selfishly encrypted the EPG data so only 'official Sky digiboxes' can see the data. Another example of Murdoch's community-minded attitude :-rofl2

On the other hand, if I have a legitimate FTA sky card I should be entitled to this information on any rx ?

Does anyone (Likvid maybe ?) know where I can find the format for this data - I might have a shot at writing an EPG daemon or something. (I worked for 20+ years in real-time C programming).

Suggestions anyone ?
GB in England.

Feel free to email (swap 'at' for *): gbrowne at cix.co.uk

s0ul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
great m8
My Location
uk
gbrowne said:
Hi SOul,

Did you ever resolve this issue ?

I have a 400s and a FTA BskyB card, so I would have thought I should be able to receive the Sky EPG, but no I just get the odd 'now and next' data for the current channel and nothing much else. I am assuming that BskyB have selfishly encrypted the EPG data so only 'official Sky digiboxes' can see the data. Another example of Murdoch's community-minded attitude :-rofl2

On the other hand, if I have a legitimate FTA sky card I should be entitled to this information on any rx ?

Does anyone (Likvid maybe ?) know where I can find the format for this data - I might have a shot at writing an EPG daemon or something. (I worked for 20+ years in real-time C programming).

Suggestions anyone ?
GB in England.

do a scan of astra 2 and u will see theres a freq with the epg data on it . i would thought u would need a logger to get the data m8 . but tbh with it being sky i recon its very well encrytped and doubt u will be able to use it

gbrowne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM1.2m
Relook receiver
My Location
South coast of Devon
Hi,

Thanks for that. Yes I guess so.

Slightly off-topic, have you tried the Enigma image on your 400s ?
Much more usable that the Highland version I have been using, but I can't
get it to upload the latest images.

Cheers,
Geoff.