Sky freesat viewing cards

mickc

Reaction score
At present I receive all freesat channels via my freesat viewing card.
(the one dark blue with the little house on it),all ok.
I do have another sky box which I would like to install in my bedroom,and I was given a couple of "old" sky cards which I thought after leaving them in the box for a couple of days may?give me the Freesat channels?
but ,alas the box doesn't recognise either card by No. Is it safe to say they are U/S? or can anything be done with them to enable freesat viewing?:-worship:-worship

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
When you say old cards do you mean that they aren't dark blue with the yellow house? If so they are of no use at all.

If they are the ones with the house then sooner or later they will update unless they have been killed by $ly over the air. This is very unlikely though.

Are you leaving the cards in your currently working box? If you using the "new" box then this might have been disconnected for some time might itself need updating before it will work properly.

mickc

Reaction score
Thanks PaulR,they arn't dark blue/yellow house.One's light blue and one's yellow,no house on either,so looks like a bin job.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I wouldn't bin them. Put them on ebay as some people do collect them :eek:

Failing that you can keep them for the winter as they do make excellent ice scrappers :D

:-cheers

Nano

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
nanochickin said:
Failing that you can keep them for the winter as they do make excellent ice scrappers

I use mine for mixing small quantities of epoxy resin on.... then when dry just peel off and use again