Sky/Freeview Distribution

Fisher2012

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/a
My Location
Stirling
Hi there I am wondering if someone could solve my problem I am running a sky cable from the back of the rf2 outlet(power on) and a tv signal down to a philex combiner with power pass from there a single cable from the out runs to a Philex Screened Outlet Diplexed Satellite TV/FM, 19125S/04

_http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/electrical/tv-satellite-communication/tv-satellite/sockets___faceplates/Philex-Screened-Outlet-Diplexed-Satellite-TV-FM-9686701

but the problem is I can get all the freview channels but cant get sky??I have tried everything to fix it,ran new cable from the box to the combiner etc,is the combiner faulty??or the wallplate??helps plzzzz

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Welcome to the Forum.

I've changed your Thread Title from "Help!" to something that tells us the crux of your problem.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I've also deleted your duplicate Thread.

We're a volunteer Forum, not an Emergency Service - as a new Member your Posts are placed in a Moderation queue so will not appear until a Mod or ADmin happens to have the time to process the queue.

Fisher2012

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/a
My Location
Stirling
Ok thanks,I did not realise sorry

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Not a problem ....... but you may have to wait until this evening before getting a proper reply as many Members are out at work.

Fisher2012

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/a
My Location
Stirling
Yeh mate,a kinda thought so,thanks for the info cheers

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the signals don't work as you think they do.

The RF output of your Digibox doesn't forward on a copy of the signal from the satellite dish for use on another Digibox I'm afraid. All that comes out is a copy of whatever channel you've tuned the Digibox into on a spare TV channel so that a TV in another room can see what the main TV is seeing.

If you want to use another Digibox then you will have to run an extra feed from the satellite dish to wherever you want. The satellite dish will probably need the LNB (this is bit on the arm of the dish with cable coming off) changing for a type with multiple outputs. These are available for the standard $ly dish in four (Quad) or eight (Octo) output varieties.

The Diplexer is surplus to requirements I'm afraid.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
What does " I can't get Sky" mean?

Are you (A)connecting another satellite box to the f connector on the diplexer or are you (:cool:just wanting to view the channel your sky box is tuned to?

If A, run a new feed from the dish.

If B, get rid of the diplexer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
Hello,
ok if i understand you can use one sky box on 2 tv sets in the house.
the rf2 being on will not serve you .turn it off.
now both tv sets will see the same tv channel at the same time. rf 1 and rf 2 have the same signal and same output.
you can use scart to the main tv and rf out to the tv in the bac bedroom.but if you are watching sky 1 then both tvs will be on sky one.
there is no way one box can run indipendent use.
you would need 2 boxes and a dual or a quad output lnb and another line and another card.
thats the only way to run seperate use.
ralph

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
It's also worth noting that the signal that comes out of the RF1 and RF2 for viewing a Sky channel is analogue. The default output is on channel 68.

Fisher2012

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/a
My Location
Stirling
Hay,I don't want to run another digibox I was just wanting what was on my main box to show in my bedroom and use a majic eye,that's why I took it if the rf2 connection and turned the dc on to it,am I just easier running another cable 1 for tv and the 2nd seperate as a sky link??I though it would be easier to combine them then run one down to the bedroom then split them with the wall plate(as it says it splits the signals)?? But tbh it's just giving me problems and wanted to know if there was anything I was doing wrong??

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
What signals are you trying to combine/split down the coax cable?

Fisher2012

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/a
My Location
Stirling
I am running 1 sat feed from the back of my sky box just to watch it in my bedroom and a tv arial feed Whig are joined in the loft with Philex TV/Satellite Combiner, 27955G/04 but can't get the sky feed,freeviews fine

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Please don't post live links to outside sites. It's against our rules and causes your post to be placed in a moderation queue until a Mod or Admin can sort it out.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
You still don't need the diplexer.

The main Digibox combines the terrestrial TV signals with its own output signal and sends them out of RF1 and RF2 outputs. As was said above this is an analogue signal so you will have make sure that your second TV is in analogue mode (if it has separate modes for digital and analogue - some don't) to watch the output. You will obviously have scan for the analogue signal first on the second TV.

So, you run a cable from RF2 out to the magic eye and then from the magic eye into the TV.

Fisher2012

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/a
My Location
Stirling
Soz about that,I don't have my arial into my digibox it cOmes straight from the arial to the du

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I don't understand what you mean by that, can you explain it again?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
OK I think I am starting to understand: Satellite dish is plugged in to a Sky box in the lounge, then a separate coax from RF2 runs to the loft where it is combined with a TV aerial and then it runs to a TV in the bedroom. Is this correct?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
So you have no aerial into the Sky box.

In the loft, you cannot use a Sat/RF combiner, you must use a simple splitter/combiner. At the TV end, you don't need anything but a plug on the end to stick into your TV.

Your TV/sat combiner in the loft is what is screwing things up for you, as it is a diplexer, which has filters in it, shoving a TV signal (RF2 from sky box) into the sat input wont work, as it will get filtered off.

By the way, the splitter needs to pass IR and DC for the magic eye to work.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
You can do it this way but you need a combiner (not the Philex unit) in the loft and it also needs to pass both DC power and the remote control signals correctly. It's far easier to run an extra cable from the loft to the main TV room and wire it up so that TV aerial connects directly to the aerial in on the Digibox. You then run the RF2 out to the magic eye which then goes to the second TV. RF1 output can be used to feed the aerial input on the main TV as abckup in case the Digibox fails.