Smart card slots

juclarie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dead Kathrein UFS910 can anyone fix??

Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
UK
I've just noticed that the FS website advertises the Passion Plus with 2 Smart Card Interface(Conax7 & X-Crypt CAS Embedded). Have I missed something here? My one certainly does not have these interfaces :confused

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
There always was space for two card slots on the two Passions above the CAM slots, indeed the picture on FS's site for the Passion+ shows the outline where they would go (I don't have the + model - maybe yours shows this more clearly).

Looks like they may have added the card readers now and opened up the slots.

juclarie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dead Kathrein UFS910 can anyone fix??

Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
UK
Looking back an old manual, I see that the 2 Slot Common Interface are listed in the spec but no mention of the 2 Smart Card Interface. I'm just curious to know when this happened (my box is about 12 months old). I see Maplin no longer stock this box as a new item.

One other thing is the continuous mention on FS's website about Real Digital. It looks like they now have access to Sky Sports 1 & 2 for inclusion on their EPG (9th November 2010) and that -

Full details will be announced soon about Real Digital's Trade In Deal for existing Freesat, Sky or generic FTA receivers. Get a substantial discount on a REAL Digital HD receiver when you trade in your old satellite Set top box (no new dish required).

I assume that older Passions are now classed as generic FTA receivers.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Don't hold your breath regarding Real Digital. They were supposed to have started, I believe, earlier this year, but nothing came of it. They have been trying to include Sky Sports 1 and 2 to their package for some time, not sure if they've succeeded yet. Possibly they have now.