T-REX and CAS 3 Newbie Questions

managerxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
:-)
My Location
UK
Hi

Sorry to post what will seem like newbie questions but I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the following set up working:

DVBViewer 3.9.20
Technotrend 3650 CI
TREX Twin CAM
CAS 3 programmer

OK, I've got the DVBViewer working such that I can pick up the free sky channels (inc BBC HD) and I've programmed the firmware on the cam with predasaur 224.

Here are my issues:

1) In DVBView the show cam option is greyed out;
2) Where do I do the security update on the cam post programming?

and whilst I'm posting is there anything else I'll need to do to get SKY (and any other providers) working with this setup.

Thanks in advance....

IanB

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The T-Rex twin cam takes Predator firmware, the latest being Predator 364, only the T-Rex supercam uses Predasaur firmware.
I have seen the T-Rex v1 advertised as a supercam, so I do not know if the Dragon team have been upgrading these old cams to the new T-Rex supercam, but you might as well try Predator 364 as the security update no longer does anything.
To get S*y you need a valid subscription card, inserted chip facing upwards will open the basic channels.

managerxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks Mickha...that's moved me forward now in this minefield!! :-) I don't have a sky sub but previously used my sky box for freesat. Should I be able to view all the freesat channels now or do I need to do something with the serial number of my sky box?

Thanks again

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Providing your freesat card is still alive you should just need to insert it into yuor cam, you only need to match the box key for the premium S*y subscription channels.

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
need to insert it into yuor cam,'

your not yuor ! :-rofl2

managerxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks! Everything looks good now. :)

I've read about having to put my S*y card into the old receiver to "keep it alive" every few weeks - is this the case with freesat also?

Finally if I want to get more adventurous what do I need to do get other channels such as premiere? Do I need to re point the dish (and hence will I lose S*y channels?).

Again, apologies for the newbie-ness of these questions!! ;)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
You will either need to move your dish. get a motorized dish, or a dish with multiple LNB's.
The main packages currently available are on 19E, 13E and 1W, Premiere being at 19E.
If currently using a S*y mini dish I suggest you get a second dish, to experiment with, you should be able to pick up an old 60cm dish for nothing, and you can get a cheap LNB for less than £10.