doktorofsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C BANDIT
My Location
QTH
My question is that the terestrische signals can influence the C band reception

I have this problem since i got the big yamal at 90east

Between 3500 and 3599 MHz only on V polar even if I have around 70%-80% signal quality I get unwatchable picture , major signaldrops.Even the signal dissapear for 2-3 second as you can see in photos below.

The Bridge Tv on H polar works fine and OTV 3600V too, in da conditions that both have less signal then the "problematik" channels.

Somebody can report the same reception problems?

I need an reasonable explication!

Attachments

• 29-08-09_1413.jpg
    29-08-09_1413.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 29-08-09_1444.jpg
    29-08-09_1444.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 29-08-09_1504.jpg
    29-08-09_1504.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 29-08-09_1511.jpg
    29-08-09_1511.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 49

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
C-band Broadband Wireless Access is causing problems in many places

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
You need to extend a bit (not move existing one, but add more length) C band LNB waveguide, to form a kind of rejection filter from side frequenceies. But you'll be unlucky if source of interference is in line of sight.

The simpliest way to do such "filter" is to take aluminum (avoid steel!) beer can, cut its top and bottom, and insert the new tube into C band LNB in such way, that it will protrund for 40-60mm. You'll get 10-15% decrease in main signal strength, but also, quite good protection from interference.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i dont have wimax here,in my area,but in eastern part of austria the also used this system,in the same freqency range,and i got some reports back,from people,the told me that the have the best results in "protecting",from interfering signals!

it depend,how strong the signal realy is,how far you away from the wimax sender,when signal is to strong,then nothing "helps",but the results,with wimax problems.you can optimeize your signal results,when you using norsat lnbs,from usa,looks,like the have the better shield then the others!

to bad,that i cant test this without wimax signal,but i could imagine that is true,norsat lnbs are very expensice up to 150 $ !
try it out!good luck!

i dont understand,why the intel company try to make wimax,like a worldstandart for internet,when this would happen in the tropic reagion where every household use cband,then no one can watch anymore,living on land without landline internet access!

here,in austria,the only have limited wimax test areas in some parts,but the beginning to change the plane,in the future,to use umts upgrated system,with faster speed up to 25 mbit in maybe 5 years,using old analouge freqency,for fast internet,like in usa,there are this called,the white spaces!
the law,has been change,right now,so that the freqency range can be used!
no body needs wimax,when it will destroy our hobby!

i wondering about it,that the internatinal freqency controll
in geneva switerland
,that coordinates all freqencys,in europe(maybe wordwide)
allowed intel,to use the same freqency range then cband!

in berlin germans captial,happens the same since 3 years,the use,internet also over technologys like wimax,with the result,that most of cband signals,are blocked !

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Wimax can be done in also in 2.3ghz range, without touching the C band signals.

krithika

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
16 feet dish, Humax, Yuri LNBF
My Location
India
Turok said:
it depend,how strong the signal realy is,how far you away from the wimax sender,when signal is to strong,then nothing "helps",but the results,with wimax problems.you can optimeize your signal results,when you using norsat lnbs,from usa,looks,like the have the better shield then the others!

when this would happen in the tropic reagion where every household use cband,then no one can watch anymore,living on land without landline internet access!
It happened long time ago in India few years ago and we have lost most of the Cband atleast in big cities. When the signal is strong as in my case H pol also is lost along with V pol. Blocking signal works to some extent which also reduces the total signal quality and makes weaker satellite totally inaccessable:( Weaker satellites in my area like Yamal 201, Express AM2 and other russian satellites are now gone. Even Insats :( Only Yamal 202 is better with blackout of few frequencies.

naporex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASC 1,2m @ SMR 1224EL
My Location
Poland
@Turok: Norsat LNBs can't avoid wimax I had one (8215 model) and I've used it for few years and wimax still jammed c-band sat signals unfortunatly.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
how fast is the download speed of wimax?
is there a way to detect the location of the sender,and how strong the signal must be to block cband?
i cannot verify this norsat information, without wimax signal here,i only say,in this question what other people told me about it!,how it looks is it not true at all!

naporex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASC 1,2m @ SMR 1224EL
My Location
Poland
Maximum wimax texhnology allow speed around 75Mbit/s but practicly there is 4-2Mbit/s. For exampe, in Poland there a re reserved frequencies between 3,6-3,8GHz
I can say about my experiences with this. I used to made a lot of tests with my norsat and the dish when I experienced those interferences for example I've blinded feed thrat wit a wood (wood stops microwaves) <- signal was still present a little lower but present, I've even took an LNB inside house and connected it directly with short piece of cable to the dbox than made analyzer scan <- signal was present. Few yaers ago like 4-5 maybe I even send my observation with screens of signal in the band to DrDish and it was presented on air but I had no answer and no solution what to do with it so I gave up. What we have left is wait until some clever people decide to switch off this crap.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 &amp; Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hi!
in an old dr. dish show there was a report,long time ago,where the build like a cage to block jammend signal from outside,the antenna was inside the grate was so finespann,then the blocked signals,dont reach the antenna lnb inside the jamming signal ,was complete abstracted and recption was possible!
in the meantime,i cannot remember,how was the name in the phisical language!

i think you need long time to build like this cage and a lot of endurance,but the result would be that,what you,and the starter,of this topic looking for!
good luck!
can someone remember,what dr dish show brought this report,maybe we find on youtunbe!