satscaner

We Are The Supreme Beings
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M prime focus with SA58 H-H
receiver-New Wave 9000 BP MK II
My Location
hampshire
Is it possible to upgrade a Mrv using a funcard 4 ?

And

Where can I find the flash hex to be used with a funcard 4 ?

I've made the ext eeprom hex's using bin/udp files and a splitter but i need a flash hex that works.

when I write to the funcard with a flash hex and the ext hex I've made, I then placed the card in the mrv and try to upgrade the firmware but its says invalid card and will not upgrade.

am I doing this the right way or am I not doing somthing that I should be?

this is my Mrv info
H/W 1.5
S/W Mrv 2.23
Loader 1

Any ideas people???

satscaner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
Right well after searching around on the web this lunch time at work I managed to find a website that UTC has not blocked/filtereded out (hahahaa they can block as many sites as they want but I'll find what I want some how)

On this site I was able to find the Flash hex that works on funcards 2 - 6 and I can now confirm that yes you can update Mrv 2.23 with a funcard 4.

the down side is that you either need 8 funcard 4's to put all the ext hex's on or like me with my 2 cards your infinty usb card writer go's into overdrive as you write and erase the data and upgrade at the same time.
This is why I should get myself a cas 2/cas 3 interface or a pc with a pcmai slot.
but its good to know it can be done with a funcard4.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thanks satscaner for replying to your own post. I nearly posted last night to say that I have never heard of anyone using other than a Cas interface or PCMCIA slot but obviously there is assuming you have a raft of fun cards available. Well Done

satscaner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hampshire
Thanks

You have to try these things out as there is so much you can learn and do.

I offten find myself looking through tutorials, how to & help sections looking for answers to questions that I have but I never seem to find what I'm looking for. So this was a good success for me.

Hopefully I'll have a few more.