What System & Where?

Phil6763

Reaction score
My Location
UK
Hi Guy's,

I'm new here, and firstly looks like an awesome board. My question is i'm fed up with paying for sky and i am looking to buy a motorised Sat system, can you guys give me some heads up on what i should be looking for?

I would like to pick up films etc and world sport.

All help gratefully recived, i live in the UK!

Phil

G

GotMyBusPass

Hi

A quick read through previous posts in this section will give you some usefull background information on the hobby/requirements/availability/suppliers. Also click on to sponsors sites. You will find plenty of advice/information just by doing a little background research of your own and then come back with some more questions. We all try to help in some way if possible.
GMBP:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The only caution I would add to GMBPs post is that if you are looking for a straight replacement for Sky with a one off investment, one that will provide a reliably available selection of channels, be prepared for more than occasional disappointment.

G

GotMyBusPass

Hi Phil6763

I agree also with rolfw's comments above. I am not TV orientated but just enjoy the hobby and finding out what is "up there" and "being pumped down to here" with the equipment that I have and within the constraints of my location.
A receent thread by Sat Novice might be of interest to you.(use the search facility)
GMBP:)