26e 7w NEWS

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
There have been recent reports about the owners of SKY launching a free movie channel and a free drama channel in the middle east- possible on 26e and/or 7w.

Anyone that thinks this is a good thing should consider the bigger picture and where it might lead. If this does happen the new movie channel will be along side the free movie channel MBC2 and the other MBC channels competing for the same ME advertising market..... and in the long term may effect their viability... which is probably what it's about.

.. and if that happens then it may go the same way as far too many regions around the world.... .... SKY/ FOX Arabia in 4 years and no more English FTA anyone? .......

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
We would prefer it if you quote a source to substantiate 'these reports', otherwise your post is merely unsubstantiated supposition and rumour

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Took it for granted that the main lead story was already well known by the sat community using Badr & Nile sats- it's been carried by enough sources around, (perhaps you could have Googled the story first if you weren't up to date on it?) although you can never trust anything you read until it happens... and even then... .

The potential implications are 'my' possible projections and we'll see about that - 6 years ago I predicted MBC would be pressured to move its signals of MBC2 (by SKY/NCI) from entering the UK... over the following years that's just what they did changing frequencies at least twice an ultimately ending up with their own TP and odd footprint / characteristics ....

The Guardian carried it on Friday March 14 2008
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/mar/14/rupertmurdoch.television
but Variety started it.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It will be bad news if the MBC channels go encrypted, I watch them most of the time.

Incidently, I wasn't aware of the new channels from Murdoch, but I am now, and thanks.:)

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
I hope that the news about the owners of SKY launching a free movie channel and drama channel in the middle east isn’t true and Variety got it wrong or that it doesn’t come to pass…
Some sat people have already said it a good thing…. Another free movie channel ….

You should be aware that it is said by Variety that it is orchestrated by James Murdoch, that’s the same James Murdoch, (the then SKY chief executive) that spent £940m on ITV’s 17.5 % shares just to block/ sour Sir Richard Bransons’s plans with NTL and Virgin media combining with ‘ITV’ preventing the UK having a real major competitor to SKY UK and then withdrew the Sky channels to Virgin Media after hiking their price followed by a poaching of cable customers.

So what do you think James Murdoch is doing in the middle east launching a free movie channel???

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
pedro2000uk said:
So what do you think James Murdoch is doing in the middle east launching a free movie channel???

He wants to force more adverts down their throats perhaps.:-rofl2

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
FOX MOVIES free to air movie channel is being promo'd on both 26e & 7w already.....

26e 11842 H 27500 3/4 VPID 0512 APID 0650 PPID 0512
7w 11765 H 27500 3/4

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
on 25,5 e orbit,has some channels fta in a testtransmision i read in german satelite newsleter!

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
FOX Movies has already started ....with some glitches and some really poor digital TV bandwith bottle necking on high movement screens more akin to some of the cheapo Hotbird channels or a DVD at the lowest rate and the over repeating that dog Sky movies in the UK is there too- MBC2 is worth several Sky movie channels because it doesn't repeat as much- just enough if you miss something.
We know MBC has already started to respond.

We hope that they include opening up the MBC footprint again so anyone can get MBC2 etc on a bent SKY dish in the UK (and Italy). (on a Sky box on add channels too like we used to do) and tell everyone how to do it.