5G interference, new LNB?

yang sat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
13 Hotbird
My Location
OX3
Re: Point 2: - You are so right, a few days ago i made an enquiry to a sales rep of Chinese manufacturer of 5G External filters regarding the item cost plus shipping to the UK for a specific filter rx3.8 - 4.2GHz with a stop band from 3.4 to 3.7GHz that was listed with the model number etc for ordering purposes and with all the other information for the device. A reply came back asking for a particular requirement to be specified that was already in the product spec sheet catalogue number .... this flagged up alarm bells as to whether i would actually end up with the right product being delivered. It was also nearly three times the cost of the one i already had.
Ideally i need to have the opinion from an RF engineer who also possesses the RF test sets to see if a slight re-tune of the one i have, to increase the stop band from 3.65 up to 3.7 GHz is possible or not.
5G filters: If you provide the frequency band to be used and the frequency band to be blocked, it should be possible to solve the issue. One suggestion is that if the 5G filters that are returned do not solve the problem, you could consider installing two filters, which may double the effect.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
5G filters: If you provide the frequency band to be used and the frequency band to be blocked, it should be possible to solve the issue. One suggestion is that if the 5G filters that are returned do not solve the problem, you could consider installing two filters, which may double the effect.
Doubling up filters to improve cutoff will only work if they are already functional at the correct frequencies.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Is there such a thing as anti 5G paint? One of those reet thick owd lead laden jobs?
Shimmie up the mast and paint the transmitter parts in same colour with hefty dose of lead rich paint.

anto@

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish 150 4 feed ku c lin c circ ka tbs 6925 tbs 5280
My Location
italy

this is the inside of my maximum lnb that burned after a short time
now everything is reduced to a minimum

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It looks very clean, give it a scrub with a toothbrush.

anto@

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish 150 4 feed ku c lin c circ ka tbs 6925 tbs 5280
My Location
italy
when I give voltage the instrument tells me short circuit