A little bit of input Please

satester

Reaction score
hi all,

I have just about decided the best way to go is to get myself a decent receiver. I have been looking around and have set my eyes on the samsung dsr 9500+ci with embedded via. i said to myself i got to have it. so i have been gathering some info on this baby, it seem to work perfectly well but it seem that tester tend to do more EMU on this baby. i know i have an advantage with this but i prefer to work with CAMS. to all you experience tester out there can you please verified which cam work more stable with this beautiful baby please. if so is this the newest factory firmware on it? your reply is much appreciated TIA

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The Samsung (as Rolf will confirm) is a very nice unit to use, but there are so many variants, a lot of the later ones are disabled from updating with 'enthusiasts' firmware which puts a bit of a dampener on scanning for popular channels. If you really have no trouble with purchasing or using a separate CAM then this should not hold you back.

Additionally Ive found some troubles with the receiver sending commands to a small number of DiSEqC motors on the market, and it gets confused.

Please advise which model version of receiver and the type of dish you are going for .

satester

Reaction score
Thank you CH for replying. From my understanding is that with each cam you are only limited to a few birds. that is no problem there as long as you as it compatible with a couple of cams that i already have. now you said that it has problem with disqec motor what do you mean by that i was going to buy either a stab120 or sg2100 motor. which one would you recommend me to get. also to that i am getting a 1.2meter dish(better safe than sorry). i just hope that it is compatible with the after market cam. once again thank you CH for guiding me thru this and if anyone have anything else to add to this please feel free to drop a few line TIA

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Each CAM will decode channels which use that particular encryption. Universal CAMs such as MM or MR, have multi decryption possibilities.

Rolf is the man to advise on suitable motors and the Samsung, I dont think it is good idea to put a 1.2 on them though , for that, have a look at a polarmount, actuator and V box adapter to run from the 9500 DiSEqC protocol

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As CH says, the 1.2m dish may be a bit too big for most DiseqC motors, it could be fine in a very sheltered location, but even a 1m dish in an exposed position will cause movement in the motor bearings.

The SG2100 is a superb little motor, very quiet, very smooth and quite fast, jsut fitted a couple in the past 24hrs (mine included):)

With regard to the Samsung, didn't use mine for long enough to form too much of an opinion, but it is a nice receiver.

satester

Reaction score
Hi

Thank you both CH and Rolfw for responding with very helpful information. But that was kind of disappointing news to me. I like the sammy a whole lot but i guess not everything that you like you can have, but i did take a look at the technomate though and it does look like it can do the function of the sammy but have a more stronger support for the dish. let me hear your opinion on this please. TIA decision decision decision

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I like the look of Technomate receivers but don't have any first hand experience. The fact that they come with a 36v positioner (some have diseqc as a second positioner as well for incline/decline) means that a 1.2m dish will be fine. Which model are you looking at satester? I believe the TM-5500 DAPCI seems popular amongst enthusiasts.