Activating a TIVU smartcard

damaan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, dual LNB with technomate 1500CI receiver
My Location
uk
I'm looking to buy a TIVU cam or STB to keep receiving my Italian TV. However I'm still unsure about how I can activate the smartcard. I worked in Italy for several years and hence I have my own codice fiscale. I have my old Italian address where I used to live but I don't obviously live there anymore.
so in order to activate the smartcard must I have:
1. a valid codice fiscale
2. a valid address with evidence that i'm paying the Italian licence fee

Or is it that I can simply use my codice fiscale and my old Italian address. The reason why I ask this, is because you can buy the TIVU STB in the UK (cost £200). You give them your codice fiscale and an Italian address and they (supposedly) activate the card for you - is this possible?:confused Is it worth paying the extra money (c.a. £100) if it is so easy to activate these cards?
Thanks again.:)

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
damaan said:
I'm looking to buy a TIVU cam or STB to keep receiving my Italian TV. However I'm still unsure about how I can activate the smartcard. I worked in Italy for several years and hence I have my own codice fiscale. I have my old Italian address where I used to live but I don't obviously live there anymore.
so in order to activate the smartcard must I have:
1. a valid codice fiscale
2. a valid address with evidence that i'm paying the Italian licence fee

Or is it that I can simply use my codice fiscale and my old Italian address. The reason why I ask this, is because you can buy the TIVU STB in the UK (cost £200). You give them your codice fiscale and an Italian address and they (supposedly) activate the card for you - is this possible?:confused Is it worth paying the extra money (c.a. £100) if it is so easy to activate these cards?
Thanks again.:)
well your points 1. & 2. are needed only of you get the card from RAI, but if you can get a card in bundle with an official Tivùsat receiver or the official Tivùsat CAM you just need to activate it through tiv

damaan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
danit said:
well your points 1. & 2. are needed only of you get the card from RAI, but if you can get a card in bundle with an official Tivùsat receiver or the official Tivùsat CAM you just need to activate it through tiv

Thanks for your reply danit.
So basically if I go to Italy this summer (as I'm doing!) and go to an Auchan or trony and buy the stb with card, I can come back to the UK and activate the card using the site you quote - just using my codice fiscale and the number on the smart card - is this correct?
Thanks in advance.

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
stabHH120 -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
damaan said:
So basically if I go to Italy this summer (as I'm doing!) and go to an Auchan or trony and buy the stb with card, I can come back to the UK and activate the card using the site you quote - just using my codice fiscale and the number on the smart card - is this correct?
correct, but honestly I would discourage from purchasing a Tivùsat STB, they are poor, scrappy and some of them haven't solved the initial bugs yet and, what's more important, there's no HD Tivùsat STB available at the moment so you cannot see RAI HD and the upcoming HD channels

I suggest to buy the Tivùsat CAM (sold in bundle with the card, 85 € actually) and use it in your own HD STB

damaan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
danit said:
correct, but honestly I would discourage from purchasing a Tivùsat STB, they are poor, scrappy and some of them haven't solved the initial bugs yet and, what's more important, there's no HD Tivùsat STB available at the moment so you cannot see RAI HD and the upcoming HD channels

I suggest to buy the Tivùsat CAM (sold in bundle with the card, 85 € actually) and use it in your own HD STB

Thanks for that danit. Yes this does sound like the best option, but the only thing is which is an HD STB which will work with the Tivusat CAM???

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
stabHH120 -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
damaan said:
Yes this does sound like the best option, but the only thing is which is an HD STB which will work with the Tivusat CAM???
not a real issue, it's just a Nagra 3 (caid 183D) CAM compatible with any recent HD STB

brutaleA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY Italia
My Location
Glasgow
Has anyone had any luck activating a Tivu Sat smartcard online while in the UK?

Reason I ask is long term I will be getting my hands on a box (bought in Italy) and we have the codice fiscale and home address.