Alexander Wiese, publisher of TELE-satellite died december, 9th

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Hello,

Alexander Wiese died on December 9th.

Many know him as the publisher of TELE-satellite/TELE-audiovision.

The magazines are available online here: http://www.tele-audiovision.com/

His magazine brought satellite television to people around the world. Its transponder lists were unique in a pre-internet era. These made it possible to receive the desired transponders and channels at all.

To do this, he operated several computers, each with several satellite cards and specially developed software that cyclically scanned all satellites 24/7/365 to find the transponders. Doesn't sound that special anymore in 2022, but it was something great back then - practically like Lyngsat on its own before Lyngsat existed...

Even if it may not seem so earth-shattering to us Western Europeans (although it was), one should not forget people in distant regions who were first informed about the technology used by the magazine. In addition, the many advertisements from manufacturers and distributors that made it possible to purchase the required components.

A special section in TELE-satellite was the system presentation: DXers from all over the world "applied" and Alex visited them! I remember the DXer somewhere in deep Turkey (if I'm not mistaken) forming the dishes out of the lids of pots!

Despite his success, Alex was a very approachable person, willing to listen, give advice, encourage others, and he had a lot to share.

As a pragmatic person, he realized in 2015 that his magazine, like most print media, no longer had a future and rationally decided to end it. This may sound simple, but one rarely finds such examples: far more often people cling to their life's work and perish with it. Not like Alex. He closed it and from then on devoted himself to stock trading and crypto currencies. When I asked him about this sometime after the end of the magazine, he simply said, "I'm not interested in that anymore, I'm now doing something else."

Alex entrusted me with his magazine and what was left of it. Basically, as an administrator. I have many ancient notebooks from times before satellite reception. I even have the original Adobe Publisher projects from many of the more recent releases. Unfortunately, I don't really know what interest there is in it. I would like to hear ideas on this.

In any case, I miss Alex a lot as a friend and mate.

Kind regards,
Vitor

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I remember having the magazine's SatcoDX CD's before the online lists became generally available. Although many of the channels were somewhat out-of-date by the time we tried to scan them in. (I think they were originally compiled by Doctor Dish - I don't know his real name - the previous owner).

RIP Alexander

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I remember having the magazine's SatcoDX CD's before the online lists became generally available. Although many of the channels were somewhat out-of-date by the time we tried to scan them in. (I think they were originally compiled by Doctor Dish - I don't know his real name - the previous owner).

RIP Alexander
Christian Mass

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Christan Mass had a excellent Satellite TV program years ago in English sadly only the German version is available now.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Brings back some fond memories ok. It was indeed a heavy tome. Recently excavated during a clear up. You can see where a pre addressed card could be used to send your satellite problems to Dr Dish.

Attachments

• BADD1849-56D8-499C-926A-CAAAD55D1543.jpeg
    BADD1849-56D8-499C-926A-CAAAD55D1543.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • A14C3FAD-3FC3-40D2-B876-480A1A5C7C1C.jpeg
    A14C3FAD-3FC3-40D2-B876-480A1A5C7C1C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
Hello,

Alexander Wiese died on December 9th.

Many know him as the publisher of TELE-satellite/TELE-audiovision.

The magazines are available online here: http://www.tele-audiovision.com/

His magazine brought satellite television to people around the world. Its transponder lists were unique in a pre-internet era. These made it possible to receive the desired transponders and channels at all.

To do this, he operated several computers, each with several satellite cards and specially developed software that cyclically scanned all satellites 24/7/365 to find the transponders. Doesn't sound that special anymore in 2022, but it was something great back then - practically like Lyngsat on its own before Lyngsat existed...

Even if it may not seem so earth-shattering to us Western Europeans (although it was), one should not forget people in distant regions who were first informed about the technology used by the magazine. In addition, the many advertisements from manufacturers and distributors that made it possible to purchase the required components.

A special section in TELE-satellite was the system presentation: DXers from all over the world "applied" and Alex visited them! I remember the DXer somewhere in deep Turkey (if I'm not mistaken) forming the dishes out of the lids of pots!

Despite his success, Alex was a very approachable person, willing to listen, give advice, encourage others, and he had a lot to share.

As a pragmatic person, he realized in 2015 that his magazine, like most print media, no longer had a future and rationally decided to end it. This may sound simple, but one rarely finds such examples: far more often people cling to their life's work and perish with it. Not like Alex. He closed it and from then on devoted himself to stock trading and crypto currencies. When I asked him about this sometime after the end of the magazine, he simply said, "I'm not interested in that anymore, I'm now doing something else."

Alex entrusted me with his magazine and what was left of it. Basically, as an administrator. I have many ancient notebooks from times before satellite reception. I even have the original Adobe Publisher projects from many of the more recent releases. Unfortunately, I don't really know what interest there is in it. I would like to hear ideas on this.

In any case, I miss Alex a lot as a friend and mate.

Kind regards,
Vitor
Very sad indeed. RIP.

Some great info in those mags - time for me to catchup on 30 years of missing scene.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

Vatsa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C band
My Location
Bengaluru
I knew Alexander Wiese and contributed to Magazine from Bangalore India..I met him once in Budapest 2007,what a nice man.. only now in 2024 I came to know he passed away ,God Bless Him and RIP, he will always be a enterpruener..