amp overload

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
whist installing new digi aerial and 4 way line power control mast head amp the other day , i occured a massive over load on anolouge channel 5 . it was annoying at first , but customer wanted freeview allover the house as priority , for which i alligined with good passes on every multiplex, in the end i had to reduce antuunuate aerial by 15 db to better the anlouge channel 5 , the mast head amp was just a variouble gain , its getting quite tricky now to ballance anolouge signals and digital , as i rather use distribution amps rather than stack aerials , mind you i have never occured this problem before , i think i am going to move away from the labgear amps ,to powerfull , anyone came across this problem lately

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are labgear supplying again, thought they went pop a year ago?

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
yes, rolfw , labgear have various amps at my suppliertheir amps are like a blue logo ., i must admit i had never used their type of amp before , i nearly always use antiferrence equitment if i can , i even used cheaper type live vison , televes etc which work fine in my area , but this labgear amp must be designed for really bad reception areas .

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also technomate tm 1000 ci
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
norwich "up the city" down the ipswich
hi i have come across this problem its not just lab gear .channel 5 in norfolk is put out at half the power of the other anolog station .so if u have a good signal to start with. any ampification seems to bleed through on to channel five . i always recommend that channel five is viewed through digital it keeps things simple and most customers seem to accept this .

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
hi reguarding last quote of the lad a bout bleed over , just been to my supplier and told of the problem , he showed me a case of overload involving tettra , police radio transmission , it was identical and looks tottally like overload and is a form when using amps , these amps by labgear have no built in tettra filters which can cause nightmares mate, you have to use a filter with some labgear amps which adds to the cost in my eyes , keep away froem theses amps i am . but balanceing the anolouge with digital is quite tricky .

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
From what I've read Tetra affects the lower (Band A, 21 - 37) channels and looks like tyre tracks across the screen.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Most domestic amps do not have inbuilt tetra filters, although some launch amps are beginning to appear with them now. But then again, the number of places affected by Tetra signals are relatively small. I have only had one so far and that was 150m away from an ambulance station.

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
re paul r the channels tetra was bleeding on was preset 68 channel 5 pontop pike , when attenuated , but before it was them all from top of the band , mind you i did use w b aerial, i have never came across this before its pretty new to me but i have a feeling this could become quite common soon, i hope not.

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
rolfw , did you reconize the fault straight away , how bad was the interference , and what were the channels preset on the uhf band , this cost me about an hour , and a big head ache lol