Any dedicated shops in Berlin, where I can buy TM6800?

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Hello.

My friend is on business trip to Berlin now. I asked him to purchase TM6800 for me. But, while visiting major stores like Saturn or Mediamarkt, he found that they don't have this brand at all. Anyone can recomend dedicated satellite equipment shop in Berlin, which will have this receiver?

And also, what's the difference between 6800 and 6800 super ?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
BombedOne said:
Hello.

My friend is on business trip to Berlin now. I asked him to purchase TM6800 for me. But, while visiting major stores like Saturn or Mediamarkt, he found that they don't have this brand at all. Anyone can recomend dedicated satellite equipment shop in Berlin, which will have this receiver?

And also, what's the difference between 6800 and 6800 super ?

I don't think that this manufacturer is very popular in Germany.
Consider buying it from the UK or decide on another make or model that is popular there.
Here is a link to a shop in Berlin that seems to have a good selection of products
_http://www.satberlin.de
or hm-sat (no idea if they have a branch in Berlin, but they can ship inside Germany quite fast)

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
BombedOne said:
So far, TM6800 seems to be only one model, which fits almost all of my requirements (as discussed here: http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...s-just-work-they-should-have-no-problems.html), so this is why I stuck on it.

Prices in UK seem to be a bit high (cough). Interesting, are there out any clones for this model? As I know, TM6900 is being marketed in Russia as DR.HD F16...

If you buy it from the UK, you will get VAT exemption (15%?) if the shipping address is for a country outside the EU.
You should make sure that the distributor will give you the exempt, so ask for confirmation before placing the order.
But you may have to pay customs taxes when the parcel arrives to your address.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
No, here we don't pay any customs if parcel is for personal use (ordered to home address) and it's cost does not exceeds around €600 (in local currency). And also, I want to get names of other clones, because then I can try to find it in china, and pay at least 2 times less :) (for example, what in europe is 200€, in china it roughly costs $80).

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The Clarke-Tech (5000 ?) is an alternative to the Technomate brand. Not exactly a clone but a lot of similar bits and bobs.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Several china prices for reference:

Arion AF8000HDCI - $72
DM800 - $275