Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The problem Ive found here with lnbs with red covers is the covers are not uv stable and invariably start to bleach and then break after 2 or 3 years use. Ive ended up throwing several of mine away.

FM_Gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 aimed at 28e, 19e, Troax td110 aimed at 1w
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
Thank you, I will try that now since I have chosen LNB: The Golden Media 202+ is permanently installed.
A small shift to the east? from 28.2 to 28.5? Missing over 3 dB..

ymttt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 meter fiber dish, modified mti highline lnb, tm5402 m3 receiver
My Location
Ghana, West Africa
I would like to assess the results carefully and with help from the forum. We also need to consider that some of the included LNBs are new, others have been used for a long time. MY MTI has been installed on the dish for more than a decade whereas my Inverto Black Ultra (IBU) quad has been in my storage room for most of the time.

According to my measurements, the Golden Media 202+ shows very good results. The results for the IBU quad are on a good second place. For the MTI Highline, the results are a bit disappointing and shows that I was wrong about my assessment. The biggest difference was observed for 11126 MHz V , where Inverto Premium PLL and MTI Highline struggled to lock. Golden Media 202+ showed superior performance on that frequency.

To my disappointment, I would not get a lock on any of the BBC transponders. This despite achieving 88% signal on Golden Media 202+. I am after all far from a pro on satellite dish installations and would be thankful for any advice on to get BBC...View attachment 157459
Thanks for sharing the results of the test. It, however, contradicts recent tests shared by others a few weeks ago especially in relation to the inverto premium pll and the Durline ultra. On improving your signal, you may try the conical scaler ring spoken about, a few days ago here.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The problem Ive found here with lnbs with red covers is the covers are not uv stable and invariably start to bleach and then break after 2 or 3 years use. Ive ended up throwing several of mine away.
Hmm. the Bullseye reference LNB has a red cover.....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hmm. the Bullseye reference LNB has a red cover.....
Keep an eye on it. Some of my lnbs have been in service at least 8 or 9 years now. The red cover ones have rotted through in about 3. Its exactly the same problems as growing plants in plastic pots that arent uv stable - the plastic goes brittle & cracks....

Sub -10C temperatures in the winter (which happens every 2 or 3 years for a few nights here) wont help but most of it is uv degradation.