Any lnb test reviews lately?

RicePlay33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TBS6902 / GTMedia V7 Plus / GTMedia V8 Finder
Dishes : 140 & 80cm + Inverto Black Ultra LNB
My Location
France
Alright, I've started my search of a bigger dish :) But I'll consider the motor later probably, I'm gonna stick with a simple alignment for now.

To go back on the LNB subject, I've choosen a Megasat Diavolo single LNB, nice gain, low NF, inexpensive and seems quite good according to the tests posted on the Croatian website by Beli1910 a few pages before.

ymttt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 meter fiber dish, modified mti highline lnb, tm5402 m3 receiver
My Location
Ghana, West Africa
Afternoon test (sunny, 35°!) with new LNB "Dur-line + ultra" on Triax 100cm on 8W 12604H :

IBU new : 54% SQ ( ~8 .5 db some freezes)
Dur-line +ultra : 58% SQ (~9.3 db)

Good surprise for this LNB from Amazon!
This test result is very significant. you may however check if the black ultra was still in good condition when it was tested. Also, do you or anyone have the golden media +to compare with dur line + ultra

AtOM13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 100cm, lnb Inverto black Ultra
CM120cm Laminas 150cm
My Location
Marseille
This test result is very significant. you may however check if the black ultra was still in good condition when it was tested. Also, do you or anyone have the golden media +to compare with dur line + ultra
Next time will test with Golden media ;) my IBU still in good shape, only use for testing

ymttt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ghana, West Africa
Next time will test with Golden media ;) my IBU still in good shape, only use for testing
Can't wait to get that results bro and don't forget to test them on both polarities. My best lnbs are the golden media plus and mti highline both twin. I have observed the mti is stronger on the verticals whilst the golden media has the urge on the horizontals.

FM_Gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125 aimed at 28e, 19e, Troax td110 aimed at 1w
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
I have previously asked for help with an upgrade to my equipment, but I was a bit delayed to get moving. I lost BBC when they switched to HD only at new years. I have now ordered measurement equipment to align my dish better. I decided for a GTmedia v8 from Aliexpress.

I am now looking into replacing my 15+ years old MTI Highline. I see that the DUR-Line + seems to be highly regarded here in the forum. Do you have any opinion whether it should be a single, twin or quad for best signal? Which have you tried so far?

FM_Gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
To make this a bit more exciting, I also plan to buy a Golden Media 202+, and I am leaning towards buying an Inverto Premium. My experience with IBU is mainly that they could not quite match my current MTI, so I want to try something new from Inverto. I would be grateful for any comment on which version (single, twin or quad) that is expected to bring back most signal. The availability for the GM 202+ is a bit limited, so I dont think the single is available for that one I will measure the signal from different lnbs ((incl. the old MTI) with my new measurement equipment and post the results here in the forum.

ymttt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ghana, West Africa
To make this a bit more exciting, I also plan to buy a Golden Media 202+, and I am leaning towards buying an Inverto Premium. My experience with IBU is mainly that they could not quite match my current MTI, so I want to try something new from Inverto. I would be grateful for any comment on which version (single, twin or quad) that is expected to bring back most signal. The availability for the GM 202+ is a bit limited, so I dont think the single is available for that one I will measure the signal from different lnbs ((incl. the old MTI) with my new measurement equipment and post the results here in the forum.
This will be great except that i have twice tried to purchase the GM+, but in both, they sent the older without the plus. MTI highline lnb is great but did not get the required recognition because most test on it was done with the testers oblivious of the secrets of the mti. For instance they test it against IBU and the later gives 60% and mti gives 57% then a hasty conclusion is drawn that the IBU is better without going to check which lnb was able to pull in the weaker and more difficult transponders on that particular satellite. We cannot blame those much because without some guidance it is an expected conclusion. The GM+ has come in strongly now beating the mti on the horizontals but losing on the verticals both with significant margins.

FM_Gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
This will be great except that i have twice tried to purchase the GM+, but in both, they sent the older without the plus. MTI highline lnb is great but did not get the required recognition because most test on it was done with the testers oblivious of the secrets of the mti. For instance they test it against IBU and the later gives 60% and mti gives 57% then a hasty conclusion is drawn that the IBU is better without going to check which lnb was able to pull in the weaker and more difficult transponders on that particular satellite. We cannot blame those much because without some guidance it is an expected conclusion. The GM+ has come in strongly now beating the mti on the horizontals but losing on the verticals both with significant margins.
Thank you for you reply. I bought my current dish (Gibertini 125) used and the seller added a few lnbs, that is how I got my MTI. My previous setup was Triax 110 with IBU quad.

I am ordering lnbs from German Amazon. GM+ is being sold from a third party vendor with the name Sterndiscount. Have you tried them?
https://amzn.eu/d/erinpU3

ymttt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ghana, West Africa
Thank you for you reply. I bought my current dish (Gibertini 125) used and the seller added a few lnbs, that is how I got my MTI. My previous setup was Triax 110 with IBU quad.

I am ordering lnbs from German Amazon. GM+ is being sold from a third party vendor with the name Sterndiscount. Have you tried them?
https://amzn.eu/d/erinpU3
No

FM_Gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
Afternoon test (sunny, 35°!) with new LNB "Dur-line + ultra" on Triax 100cm on 8W 12604H :

IBU new : 54% SQ ( ~8 .5 db some freezes)
Dur-line +ultra : 58% SQ (~9.3 db)

Good surprise for this LNB from Amazon!
I am planning to purchase a Dur-line lnb, was the one you purchased just like in the attached photo? When I look at German Amazon the white ones are quite different from the black ones.

https://amzn.eu/d/1wCc5j9

gdf68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish TM2600 GM twin Lnb, GT media 8uhd, vuo duo, Xtrend 8500. GM SR525HD Nvidia Shield Sport feeds
My Location
Liverpool
Them Dur-Line look the same to me , not sure if the heat affects these but I'd get a white one if they were available in the UK

Gm202+ are cheaper for me

What's your location guys Europe, UK?
I get my Gm202+ from red apple TV, on Amazon, eBay or Red Apple AV

Last edited:

AtOM13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM120cm Laminas 150cm
My Location
Marseille
Cool encore mieux si c'est gratuit ! Après l'autre ya moyen de bien négocier à mon avis, vu depuis le temps qu'elle est en vente ;)

ArloG

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
12' Fiberglass Dish, C2W & Geosat Pro lnbf, Titanium ASC-1, Osmio4k, Zgemma H7 Client
My Location
N. Central PA, USA
Reviews posted today. Edision and Inverto is on top.

FM_Gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
The three LNBs that I ordered have arrived. The Inverto Premium and the Dur--Line looking good. But the GM+? I think that I have received the wrong lnb just like @ymttt warned me? I should return it I guess? Compare with my order below.

I am still waiting for my meter and I will get started to align my dish.

17237495725781495173871051795617.jpgIMG_20240815_212817.jpg

Last edited:

AtOM13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM120cm Laminas 150cm
My Location
Marseille
Got same problem with famous French seller (2G...) about Gm202

ymttt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ghana, West Africa
The three LNBs that I ordered have arrived. The Inverto Premium and the Dur--Line looking good. But the GM+? I think that I have received the wrong lnb just like @ymttt warned me? I should return it I guess? Compare with my order below.

I am still waiting for my meter and I will get started to align my dish.

View attachment 157237View attachment 157239
The Red Apple @gdf68 should be the solution and one has to act fast before they run out. Remember to include the good old mti highline in your test.

AtOM13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM120cm Laminas 150cm
My Location
Marseille
Quick test on Es'hail 1 25.5e 11046H Al jazeera channels Triax 100cm, sunny and windy at 12h.

Golden media 201+ : 58%
IBU : 59%
Dur-line : 60%
Inverto PLL : 61% (9.8 db SNR )

This week I will test with Channel Master 1.2m and 1.8m normally ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240819_120912_DreamDroid.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_120912_DreamDroid.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240819_121100.jpg
    20240819_121100.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240819_120006.jpg
    20240819_120006.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 29

ymttt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ghana, West Africa
Quick test on Es'hail 1 25.5e 11046H Al jazeera channels Triax 100cm, sunny and windy at 12h.

Golden media 201+ : 58%
IBU : 59%
Dur-line : 60%
Inverto PLL : 61% (9.8 db SNR )

This week I will test with Channel Master 1.2m and 1.8m normally ^_^
Thanks for sharing this very useful info. Will wait for FM_Gilbertini's test result. The contest seem to be between the Dur-line and the inverto PLL.

FM_Gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
I will have a fairly similar line up with the addition of MTI Highline and I will check if some of my IBUs still work. I am still waiting for the meter from Aliexpress and the GM 202+ that I had to order from Red Apple after the Falschlieferung by Amazon.de...