anybody with experiences with watchbritishtvabroad or know other suppliers?

xyladecor

Reaction score
Website
www.georgemichaelconcerts.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 HD, Dreambox 525, AX Triple X - Hirschmann 120 FESAT K IBU Twin - Sky Germany, Digi Slovakia, Telepiu
My Location
Vienna Austria, 48.21° N, 16.37° E
hi guys,

on a way to get back somehow the bee´s, as i´m living outside this damn uk spotbeam 2D i found this one:

_http://watchbritishtvabroad.com/

this sounds very interesting, especially it is running via a set top box cirectly with tv, and not only on pc/laptop.

does anybody know them and have experience with them, or know any other trustful suppliers with such a service?

ciao
mickey

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No address on the site = avoid at all costs!

Get yourself a cheap uk based vpn (~€10/month) and you can watch any uk programming from BBCi, ITV player, 4OD etc.

xyladecor

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 HD, Dreambox 525, AX Triple X - Hirschmann 120 FESAT K IBU Twin - Sky Germany, Digi Slovakia, Telepiu
My Location
thanks for your words. well, VPN is also a solution, but not to compare with this thing. the monthly fee with 15 bucks is also not much more as a good VPN, but here you have a STB with PVR and the option to watch it on your tv, and not only on the PC, which also have to run all the time, not very comfortable, also the demand servies dont offer live programmes.

so really nobody who use such a service from them or any others?

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
It is also illegal - they do not have the permission from the channels to stream their content and could thus be shut down at any time.

xyladecor

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yes, that certainly is of course. same as my sky uk sub from ireland is not really legal, but who cares? :)

of course they can come in the situaton to shut down, except the STB there is no risk on my site, cause i can cancel the paypal payments immediately.

okay, i see it seems nobody here does use it or similar services...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
xyladecor said:
okay, i see it seems nobody here does use it or similar services...

the vast majority of members are either UK based hence not needing such a service, watch the content from the country in which they reside, or catch the European beams of Sky. That is not to say that the situation will remain like that with all the changes currently taking place.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
There is a company selling something similar here. Its called Easyvision and gives all the terrestial channels and some more. You buy the box and pay a yearly fee. Its been around for a couple of years and they advertise it in a local english newspaper and magazine. I borrowed one once a while back but it did not work too good. It started "slowing down" after about 5 minutes and then stopping,like bad streaming. When I tried somewhere else with a better internet speed it worked better for a few days but it would sometimes play up. I gave it back and not tried since but I haven't noticed anybody rave over it on local british forums. I also wonder about the legality of it, especially if you have to buy the box and then lose the channels a few months later then you can't use it for anything else.

Chris_Lucid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD, Acer 4233WLMi laptop
My Location
Middlewich, Cheshire
xyladecor said:
same as my sky uk sub from ireland..
If you have a Sky sub then I take it you've had a look at Slingbox? The major caveat for you of course is the need for a PC.

xyladecor

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
My Location
well slingbox of course i know, and there is also a solution available on which you can use it on tv, but the main thing is, that i would need somebody in the UK who could offer it me.

btw. thanks to all for your opinions in that case, its interesting :-)

esspee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky and Dreambox through a 1.5m dish
My Location
Turkey
Try film on, or access itv player or bbc player through expatshield