Aston Seca Cam 1.03 ok for TUTV ?

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox Pace 2200, 3 remotes, 2 mice, 2 splitters, a amp adder thingi, a Thomson universal LNB & a zone 2 dish..... With foamy whatsit coax
My Location
NW UK
Ya think ?

Just making sure before I commit Quids so to speak :)

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 33

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
It'll work, assuming you want to pay £10 for 2 or 3 channels without their TUTV Anytime box... :D

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox Pace 2200, 3 remotes, 2 mice, 2 splitters, a amp adder thingi, a Thomson universal LNB & a zone 2 dish..... With foamy whatsit coax
My Location
NW UK
Ohh sphericals ............ I take it the box has some different un-encryption gizmos then does it ? ....... So much for integrated digitallus........ Could I use it for summink else ? ...... Setanta perhaps ? ......... Not that I know poo bout Sportz

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
j..m said:
Ohh sphericals ............ I take it the box has some different un-encryption gizmos then does it ? ....... So much for integrated digitallus........ Could I use it for summink else ? ...... Setanta perhaps ? ......... Not that I know poo bout Sportz

The TUTV Anytime box has the SECA2 decryption built in, so the CAM wouldn't be needed...

You probably could use it for Setanta, but if you're not into sports (like me), there's no point getting it.... :(

IDTVs are useful in the fact that you don't need a seperate box for some channels, but there are those that have just got to muck up the system and make you buy a seperate box.... :mad:

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW UK
Can ya not getta SECA2 cam ? ........... I ain't buying another box .......... Theys taking the piss there.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
j..m said:
Can ya not getta SECA2 cam ? ........... I ain't buying another box .......... Theys taking the piss there.

The Aston and TopUpTV Cams are SECA2, it's just that if you want to watch what they have available, you either have to stay up all night watching their 3 Anytime channels (which are the ones that put the selected content onto the boxes), or get stuck with the ones that are on during the day. TUTV when it began was a great service, but then it turned to 5h1te when they introduced their new box, it's cable or sky for now until something better gives TUTV the boot... :(

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW UK
Umm ohh well ...... Scratch that idea then :(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
j..m said:
Umm ohh well ...... Scratch that idea then :(

Just think about the people who bought the Cam & card kit for their IDTVs (like my mum) and now have b*gger all thanks to them... :mad: