Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Precision polarmount in Lincolnshire.



Got to be worth the "Buy It Now" price of £55, might even get it cheaper as it is listed with "Make and Offer"
It is an easy enough job to add a few struts to it to use it with a Channel Master 1.8m dish. @Captain Jack did a nice mod on one of these for a CM 1.8m dish, topic somewhere on the forum.

Interesting that the triangular part of the mount is angle iron, possibly an early model, normally that part is made from box section.
 
'Offer and make' surely, what with the dodgy bearings.


Is that the best you can do, pick up on a typo and add a sarcastic comment about dodgy bearings?
The bearings on a Precision polar mount of that type are easily changed if required at low cost.

That Precision polar mount kicks the shít out of them IRTE mecanno mounts with two bob bearings
 
Is that the best you can do, pick up on a typo and add a sarcastic comment about dodgy bearings?
The bearings on a Precision polar mount of that type are easily changed if required at low cost.

That Precision polar mount kicks the shít out of them IRTE mecanno mounts with two bob bearings
Not at all, being the provider of 'that' gift to this thread. Besides I didn't start it.


Read the thread in full (taking into account the recently departed) and your dismantling of the polarmount as a novice.

Your outburst


Your tangent


Yet you have the temerity to continue the claim the IRTE polarmount is in some way inferior.
 
Not at all, being the provider of 'that' gift to this thread. Besides I didn't start it.


Temerity or not, my personal opinion is that the IRTE mecanno mount is inferior to a Precision polar mount of the type you linked to on eBay, no amount of trawling through historic forum posts is going to change that.
By the way, I have no vested interest in promoting Precision satellite equipment, I am a fan of their products based on using them.

I am not sure why you wish to bring up historic forum posts and use them to say I am a novice?
We all have to start somewhere and I am happy to admit I have learnt as I went along, nothing wrong in that.
 
Last edited:
The IRTE mecanno mount is vastly inferior to a Precision polar mount of the type you linked to on eBay, no amount of trawling through historic forum posts is going to change that.

By the way, I have no vested interest in promoting Precision satellite equipment, I am a fan of their products based on using them.
Go to bed.
 
Go to bed.

Mmmm.
This looks to me like playing the man, not the ball.

Now I do like a bit of discussion, when it leads to deepening insight and increasing knowledge. But that would mean a discussion (or dialogue) about content, not about person.
Of course I am no saint myself, and might behave sometimes in a 'not-likeable' manner, myself. And I do know, that written words sometimes come over differently, than they were probably meant.

But what is happening above, gives me an uncomfortable feeling.
It looks to me that it falls under the category "likely to offend", see the terms and rules of this forum.
So my wish is, that it stops.

Now please all staff members, if you think that I am going too far with this post, please give me a ban for two weeks or so.

To other forum members: reactions to this post are appreciated. Positive or negative. But please play the ball, not the man!

Greetz,
A33
 
Channel Master 1.8m in Reading, 99p start price, only one photo..
 
Channel Master 1.8m in Reading, 99p start price, only one photo..

Very similar to "Sky" dishes, according to eBay :cool:
 
im actually tempted by this NASA dish, mine is missing the bottom bracket for the bottom arm (clamped with a ubolt), and has been repaired with fibre glass filler when jack went through it.

the cost would be dish price (reckon could get for minimal) then its van rental and paint.
 
im actually tempted by this NASA dish, mine is missing the bottom bracket for the bottom arm (clamped with a ubolt), and has been repaired with fibre glass filler when jack went through it.

the cost would be dish price (reckon could get for minimal) then its van rental and paint.
You could always pay the £500 postage..lol
 
1.5m Gibertini in Hereford

 
Back
Top