Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

I tried buying that 1224 before, it was advertised on Gumtree from memory it was in Scotland. When I contacted the bloke he said I could have if this person did not turn up. It was for sale for 100 pounds. Unfortunately someone turned up for it.


You have a second chance to buy it now and not far to travel to collect it.
 
Sheffield again!

im in Sheffield & would be happy to pick it up & send it on to the winning bidder or whatever if thats of any help to anyone considering but not local ? (obviously you'l have to pay postage/courier costs tho)
 
I received an email from Ebay that the seller is pen to offers. Maybe the sale is not going too well?
 
I received an email from Ebay that the seller is pen to offers. Maybe the sale is not going too well?


Seems to be going OK at the moment, current bid is £164 with 5 days to go. I would say it is on target to breach the £200 barrier amd might get close to my guestimate of £326 to £350.

Considering these units were approximately £180 brand new when they were in production, a brand new and boxed one years later with rarity added value should definitely be worth more than that.
 
Channel Master 1.8m dish complete with feed arms, LNB holder and heavy duty polar mount. The dish is listed as a small dish suitable for novices getting into C band. Asking price is £400 but with a "Make an Offer" option.

Channel master 1.8 with polar mount | eBay

I suppose if you have a 3.8m prime focus dish for C band, a 1.8m dish is small by comparison.



I have pasted below the "Dish Man Classification" table, originally uploaded to the forum in post 13 of the below topic.

who has the biggest dish on the forum?

The sellers description of the Channel Master 1.8m dish as a small dish is in agreement with the classification table

Dish Man Classifications (IMHO) :cool:
3.5 metre or larger - Ultimate Dish Man
2.0 metre to 3.4 metre - Big Dish Man
1.0 metre to 1.9 metre - Small Dish Man
0.75 metre to 0.99 metre - Mini Dish Man
Less than 0.75 metre -- Micro Dish Man
 
Channel Master 1.8m dish complete with feed arms, LNB holder and heavy duty polar mount. The dish is listed as a small dish suitable for novices getting into C band. Asking price is £400 but with a "Make an Offer" option.

But no inclined tracking like this one;-)

I suppose if you have a 3.8m prime focus dish for C band, a 1.8m dish is small by comparison.
But it's no good if it's in the shed even if it is good for Ku
 
I was going to have a bid but looks like it's going towards silly money.
 
Maybe I should respray my 1224s, find some stickers and flog them on as "new". Even the new-in-a-box needs at least some maintenance. All the grease is probably cracked up and needs a proper clean and re-greasing... Think of a "barn-find" car - these are usually in worse condition than those in daily use.

Certainly a bit much considering how much they go for on eBay. That said, I feel for people who buy these dishes new - they are priced very high indeed and their depreciation is awful, despite being a quality item.
 
I doubt very much that many (any?) are bought new by private individuals. They will be sold to businesses that can justify such outgoings.
 
I did buy a Laminas 1.8m new for silly money and it's just now gathering dust in the garage :( Those aren't available on the 2nd hand market at all, though. That's my excuse and I am sticking with it :D
 
Maybe I should respray my 1224s, find some stickers and flog them on as "new". Even the new-in-a-box needs at least some maintenance. All the grease is probably cracked up and needs a proper clean and re-greasing... Think of a "barn-find" car - these are usually in worse condition than those in daily use...



Forum menber "Spiff" sold a brand new and boxed 1224 on this forum last September for £350 plus carriage so it would not be surprising if the eBay unit breached the £300 barrier.

For Sale - Jaeger supermount SMR-1224 H-H motor Brand New in Box


CJ,

Get the sandpaper and the spray cans out, you could easily cop a bag of sand for 4 x 1224's
 
Back
Top