Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Same here, would take if it was more local...
 
I will probably want a cm 1.2 eventually but I won't be going near London for one. Maybe others think the same hence the price.
 
I will probably want a cm 1.2 eventually but I won't be going near London for one. Maybe others think the same hence the price.


According to the eBay listing the equipment is in Lewisham, South London. I cant see why that would have an impact on the price?
 
Tony get no sale to anyone on this forum at that price.
When I spoke to Tony recently he offered me this at quite a discount compared to the eBay asking price.

By the way, it is an Elite Antennas manufactured dish, not a Precision, albeit probably from the same tooling.


Skyware, Andrews or Raven ?

Raven 1.8m Install Progress



A broomstick could constitute tooling I suppose. :D


The only part of the process that might have improved is the H+S, but metal spinning has been around in the same guise before lathes were invented.
 
Skyware, Andrews or Raven ?

Raven 1.8m Install Progress



A broomstick could constitute tooling I suppose. :D


The only part of the process that might have improved is the H+S, but metal spinning has been around in the same guise before lathes were invented.




.. That's the same guy who worked for 'Precision' and now is at 'Elite Antennas' and the guy that spun my 2.2. Nice bloke and had a bit of a chat about the old days at Precision.
 
.. That's the same guy who worked for 'Precision' and now is at 'Elite Antennas' and the guy that spun my 2.2. Nice bloke and had a bit of a chat about the old days at Precision.


Nice to hear that.

Those guys from the Precision days still at Elite have a wealth of knowledge on equipment spanning back decades. They are also very helpful with technical enquiries.

They might go home from work and get asked by the wife "how did your day go" - reply, "normal really, I spun a couple of single piece 4.5m antenna and built a polar mount"
 
I wish I lived closer for this 1.2
 
30 miles inland and it has almost rusted through. Will need two trips to collect if in a car, the first to spray with penetrating fluid, wait a week and then try to dismantle without breaking the bolts, or drill everything apart.

A shame as the 1.5 was the best reflector IRTE made in the early 90s.
 
Back
Top