Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

They're not wrong about the tyre condition.
 
2nd one is a Gibertini - not a bad price but they tend to warp if handled poorly.

PM on the first one is falling apart from rust...
 
Following an automated alert from eBay, I came across this Gilbertini 1.25m ally dish and ground mount earlier this afternoon in West Drayton which is only 5 miles from here - Looks in fairly good condition and there was only one longstanding bid of £80, and the bidding was set to close about 10 mins ago.

Did a bit of digging and then couldn't resist putting in a cheeky £90 quid max bid to see if anyone else was serious about the dish, and what it would finally sell for - but it turns out that neither the original bidder nor anyone else did bid, and so I got it for £82 and hopefully will pick it up in the next few days.

Only thing is that now I will have to find a place to use it - maybe on one of the 2x Alsat mounts in place of one of the TRIAX's if I can make it mount on the dish stub (possibly difficult because this dish seems to need a large diameter stub). I'll probably need CH to come over again and install it for me as the right knee is getting really bad (even walking more than a few yards, or standing for a minute or so, is now very difficult) and so I'm now due for a knee micro-surgery operation within about a month :rolleyes:.

If that doesn't work out, then I'll put it in the Classifieds here on the forum!
 
Of course I can help with the install, a Gibertini will fit on a 2" mount without trouble, as long as the bolt threads have not rusted too badly.

I do carry spares, better than trying to order though the 'official UK' channels as others here have found.

I can't help with the knee surgery (actually I could, but you would need to order in a bit more alcohol before I go deeper than the dermis with the chisel).
 
Of course I can help with the install, a Gibertini will fit on a 2" mount without trouble, as long as the bolt threads have not rusted too badly.

I do carry spares, better than trying to order though the 'official UK' channels as others here have found.

I can't help with the knee surgery (actually I could, but you would need to order in a bit more alcohol before I go deeper than the dermis with the chisel).
Many Thanks, and, from the listing pictures, the bolts look pretty good, although the threads aren't visible. I will PM you after I've picked the dish up and worked out my schedules for the next couple of weeks, so that we can figure out what dates are mutually do'able.

OTOH, and whilst I know you are pretty handy with the tools of the trade, I think I'll give the "alcohol & chisel" approach a very wide berth! o_O

PS: did I pay roughly the right sort of price for the dish ????
 
Currently travelling as piliion. Tethering tiPod6 is fragile. Main PC is energy hungry so I cant check auction detail.
 
Many Thanks, and, from the listing pictures, the bolts look pretty good, although the threads aren't visible. I will PM you after I've picked the dish up and worked out my schedules for the next couple of weeks, so that we can figure out what dates are mutually do'able.

OTOH, and whilst I know you are pretty handy with the tools of the trade, I think I'll give the "alcohol & chisel" approach a very wide berth! o_O

PS: did I pay roughly the right sort of price for the dish ????




Looking at the two pictures of the dish and floor stand condition i would say you nabbed a good bargain there. I use that same reflector on my Ka system and it is the best 1.2 reflector iv'e used.
 
Looking at the two pictures of the dish and floor stand condition i would say you nabbed a good bargain there. I use that same reflector on my Ka system and it is the best 1.2 reflector iv'e used.
Many thanks - that was my impression, and I will find out whether that was the correct one when I pick the stuff up (should now be on Saturday morning).
 
Gibertini reflectors have always been good, transit, indifferent distribution practice and poor storage will always make a difference.

... you've got a bigger one than me !.


Girth isn't everything.
 
Ref the Gilbertini (OP125L Ally version), I suspect that it might not come with any instruction manual (I could be wrong on that) and so I tried to find one on the Gilbertini website - but no such luck. I then tried to send a request via their website contact form - only to then get a message back that the email function had been disabled by an administrator :oops: (not impressed!).

Therefore, does anyone have an electronic version that they could forward to me?

Thanks in advance.

Edited: No need now as I then found that RolfW had uploaded jpgs of the assembly instructions 3 years ago - it's here ! :D
 
Last edited:
Gibertini 125 chapa de acero.
Por desgracia tiene los mismos tornillos de sujeccion al motor que la mia, no se oxidan, pero estan gripados, compra un buen afloja todo y ya veremos, suerte.
Toco serrar, como tenia una Gibertini130, use sus tonillos y listo.

85€ y unas cervezas costo la que tengo hace 2 años.
------------
Gibertini 125 steel plate.
Unfortunately, it has the same fastening screws to the engine as mine, they do not rust, but they are clogged, buy a good loosen everything and we'll see, luck.
I touch sawing, as I had a Gibertini130, use your nuts and ready.

85€ and some beers cost the one I have 2 years ago.

Gibertini125-A.png
 
Last edited:
Back
Top