- My Satellite Setup
- A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
- My Location
- UK
That is upwards of 30 years old. I remember the Dicsus promotion at the Cable and Satellite exhibition.
1.6m motorised satellite dish with ground stand, polar mount and actuator, starting bid at 99p.
![]()
1.6 metre prime focus Satellite dish with lnb & Elipse receiver/controller. | eBay
1.6 metre prime focus Fibreglass Satellite dish with LNB & actuator, on steel stand, with Elipse receiver/controller & remote control. complete with instruction sheets . Condition is Used. Not been used for 15 years. The receiver case has gone rusty, but it powers up O/K. The dish mount is a...www.ebay.co.uk
Sold for £51, a very good bargain, hands up who bought it.
That's what confused me because the rear mount certainly seems to make it a Gibby. I suspect that @Channel Hopper could tell us more as he knows a lot about them - from what he said recently I think it might be either one of their cheaper range of dishes which do have single arms, or else it's a "mongrel" where someone has put together one of the higher range dishes with the arm from the cheaper range???Yeah, that's a Gibby. Don't think I've see a 1.2m one with a single LNB arm, though...
Probably wrong, but I always considered my single arm Gibby 1.2 was the 'genuine' dish, but I suppose one or the other was manufactured by a different company during the dish's existence.@Channel Hopper
Thought your "expert eye" would spot the "real issue"- so, how does that "work", & why?
Also, given that a single arm can't (obviously!) give the same rigidity as the V arm config,:
1 - was that actually an official Gibby "option", and, if so, why did they offer that version?
2 - would additional arm bracing (like my other dishes - albeit that those braces are very crude - that you have seen) result in pretty much the same overall rigidity as the V arm config?

You mean to see the other side of the bracket where the arm is fixed?Well, now I've seen two of them.
Can you get a picture of the bracket with the dish on East lock ?
FWIW, if I look again at the single arm adapter in the 1st shot from the listing, that adapter seems to have 6 folds in it, so I doubt that it was "homemade" (unless, of course, it was made by someone like RimaNTSS, John or mappeuro!).Looks home made. I've only ever seen the 125 (OP125X ?)in the dual boom configuration.