Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

The LNBs look to be 40mm so would assume the holder is too. Ask the seller for the dimensions of the dish, it may not be much bigger than what you've already got.
 
The LNBs look to be 40mm so would assume the holder is too. Ask the seller for the dimensions of the dish, it may not be much bigger than what you've already got.
Any idea on the make of it?
 
What dish is this?

It's not far from me, considering going and getting it, just concerned how heavy it will be and if it's got a 40mm collar.

It is an olde Lenson Heath reflector.

The indifferent boom arm length was an issue with maximising signals during installation, with corrosion at the bend shortening life expectancy to about three/five years in the field.
 
It is an olde Lenson Heath reflector.

The indifferent boom arm length was an issue with maximising signals during installation, with corrosion at the bend shortening life expectancy to about three/five years in the field.
Were these the ones that needed an inch off the boom arm to maximise signal?
 
I think it was an inch plus a bit of bending. They also needed plastic washers on the securing bolts to prevent reflector distortion.
 
Old Megasat Irte?1.8m dish over on Ebay £20 start

s-l1600.jpg
 
If the LH is no good the backplate looks like it could be used to mount a small Channel Master with a little bodging.
Gonna pass on the Lenson and hold out for a lighter alu dish.
 
Old Megasat Irte?1.8m dish over on Ebay £20 start
New price, inflation adjusted (1990 to 2022): £871.47 + VAT without stand
 

Attachments

Gonna pass on the Lenson and hold out for a lighter alu dish.

I had one of these dishes on the 90's, they were a light dish..I even managed to just about get Thor 1 on it with a Cambridge modified LNB. The back plate also enabled the dish to be attached directly to a Jaeger 128, much better that any Diseqc motor.
Never had a issue with focus, although CH is right about the corrosion on the bend of the boom arm, a bit of waxoyl sorts that out..
 
Last edited:
I had one of these dishes on the 90's, they were a light dish..I even managed to just about get Thor 1 on it with a Cambridge modified LNB. The back plate also enabled the dish to be attached directly to a Jaeger 128, much better that any Diseqc motor.
Never had a issue with focus, although CH is right about the corrosion on the bend of the boom arm, a bit of waxoyl sorts that out..
So the boom arm did not need altering for you?

Are they exactly a 1m high and wide?
 
So the boom arm did not need altering for you?

Are they exactly a 1m high and wide?
No, I never cut it or bent it..I haven't got the dish now, but assume it would have been over a metre in height..
 
At first glance, I thought it was an Alcoa!
It could still be an Alcoa as the polar mount design is not the Irte style one. Maybe someone has the 2.4m extension panels in a junk pile!
 
At first glance, I thought it was an Alcoa!

It could still be an Alcoa as the polar mount design is not the Irte style one. Maybe someone has the 2.4m extension panels in a junk pile!

I believe it is an Alcoa ..... I have one of them (currently stored) ... mine has a AZ / EL mount ....

Currently inactive Member - @ Vipersan owns one - with polar a mount ... a look through some of his old posts will probably confirm this .....
 
Gibby 125cm

 
Gibby 125cm

The Gibby doesn't - to me, at least - look anything like the one listed, and so I'm confused as to why you suggested that??
 
Back
Top