Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Not really a dish but ... I couldn't find any more suitable thread. Rare piece of machinery at a non-bargain price...

Monterey 40 SCT
 
Would still be useful today to receive PAL from 70W! And it's on Gumtree for nearly half price.

CHAPARRAL SCT MONTEREY 40 MULTI SATELLITE TV RECEIVER - boxed | in Chinnor, Oxfordshire | Gumtree

I emailed the seller a few weeks back to ask what it actually had onboard - Videocrypt/MAC/digital boards/anything... and I couldn't really get a decent answer back. He sent me a few receipts and manual photos but nothing that actually told me anything I asked for.
So u bought it then just in case ?
 
Ha - no way. I have other things to spend £600 on - like heating.
Says a Grand when I click on the like..seller is dreamer if the thinks he's going to get that!!
 
Absolutely dreamland, considering I have just seen a Channel Master 1.2 with NP roof mount and stand plus LNB sell for 99p!!
It's £600 on Gumtree but that's dreamland...
 
Would still be useful today to receive PAL from 70W! And it's on Gumtree for nearly half price.

CHAPARRAL SCT MONTEREY 40 MULTI SATELLITE TV RECEIVER - boxed | in Chinnor, Oxfordshire | Gumtree

I emailed the seller a few weeks back to ask what it actually had onboard - Videocrypt/MAC/digital boards/anything... and I couldn't really get a decent answer back. He sent me a few receipts and manual photos but nothing that actually told me anything I asked for.
I keep a couple of smaller analogue receiver/positioners for the time when I might get the far west birds from a suitable location, including the last of the decent 70MHz filtered units from Drake, Echostar and Winersat. There might also be a Cheyenne in the lockup, which was somewhat more sensitive than the Monterey 20 in standard form.
 
2 Gilat Ka band ODUs
This one is an Anatel branded AN8002 band B. Expensive as is but I doubt that anyone will want the whole lot.

I've not seen one of these before. It looks a bit like a single band AN8024 on steroids, limited use, expensive and big but interesting. A lot of Skyware's Ka kit is made by Gilat.
 
What looks like a bargain for somebody on the south coast.


The TM6900 is a brilliant piece of kit.
 
Gilat AN8002 Ka band B ODUs
Not a bargain, at about 5-10 times the price they have been:
 
Gilat AN8002 Ka band B ODUs
Not a bargain, at about 5-10 times the price they have been:


I think the older more weathered one is Ka-Band D according to the Rx and L.O. on its label?
 
I think the older more weathered one is Ka-Band D according to the Rx and L.O. on its label?
You're right, it's an AN8004, I didn't look at all the pics. It's still not worth £200 unless you're desperate.
 
Back
Top