Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Can you cover Rx kit needs with the selling of the Tx or is this a venture into the unknown ?
3.5k is a highish but reasonable price for that lot. However, I'd check the Satsio firmware in both indoor & outdoor units to make sure it will do what you want or you can upgrade it. There are some limitations and I'm not sure how much support dB can give and at what cost.
One problem, that's actually reasonably easy to get around, is that the indoor unit defaults to look for S3satcom servers for NORAD data. There's also the risk that when the NORAD ID numbers exceed 99999 it might not work fully. Although from 2020, see the answer here
 
3.5k is a highish but reasonable price for that lot. However, I'd check the Satsio firmware in both indoor & outdoor units to make sure it will do what you want or you can upgrade it. There are some limitations and I'm not sure how much support dB can give and at what cost.
One problem, that's actually reasonably easy to get around, is that the indoor unit defaults to look for S3satcom servers for NORAD data. There's also the risk that when the NORAD ID numbers exceed 99999 it might not work fully. Although from 2020, see the answer here
I think you are giving more consideration than it requires on a single optic 2.4m antenna.
 
@moonbase answered my BW question: the OMT has enough BW for RX on the straight through port.


When testing the Rx/Tx OMT as a dual polarity Rx OMT both ports received OK. However, the maximum signal level was via the straight through port.
Both polarities were tested on both ports and both H and V gave stronger dB levels on the straight through port compared to the elbow bend port.

Tests were carried out on 160.0E in the 12500 - 12750 MHz frequency range.
If I recall correctly there was about 2dB difference in signal level at approximately 12.5dB vs 14.5dB for elbow vs straight through respectively using a Prodelin 1244 reflector.
 
1.2m FIBO with spares.

 
1.2m FIBO with spares.

Wow, just down the road..
 
Ooh... I could do with a motor and some cogs or two. Have sent him a message to see if he would part with some spares.
 
3.5k is a highish but reasonable price for that lot. However, I'd check the Satsio firmware in both indoor & outdoor units to make sure it will do what you want or you can upgrade it. There are some limitations and I'm not sure how much support dB can give and at what cost.
One problem, that's actually reasonably easy to get around, is that the indoor unit defaults to look for S3satcom servers for NORAD data. There's also the risk that when the NORAD ID numbers exceed 99999 it might not work fully. Although from 2020, see the answer here
And relisted.
 
I think it is a Prodelin 1244 reflector, thay are 4 petal.
For the equipment present, it is ridiculously low price, unbelievable.

Tempted to buy it just to store it for future needs.

Go on, go on
 
It's a shame that all these good plates are in England. Otherwise, I would have bought them immediately - it's a bit more difficult to get used top plates here.
 
I probably would have bid on it 5 years ago, Seeing my dishes used less and less these days sadly.
 
as soon as someone bids, BIN goes away - hence my comment, someone is deffo paying 800 now
 
Back
Top