Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Ooooohhhhh great dish and bargain opening bid...I'd be in the divorce court if I tried to get that one.....
 
Go ahead ! Buy them all and I'll take the 5m from your location in Denmark :)
For the moment the price is very interesting for the 3.8m , the 5m is probably around the same...
Even with twice the price I would seriously consider going to York to pick it up.
Difficult to assess condition - these things most probably have been sitting around in their boxes for 10's of years.
Could be rusty, could be bent..,
Would definitely require a visitation trip.
But that's doable too...

Home mounting is no longer an option, though.
Denmark just doesn't match Latvia, where @RimaNTSS seems to be able to erect anything he bloody likes...
Would have to find somewhere in an industral park nearby (which is not impossible - there plenty of places for rent ATM).

Let's see where this auction is going - we can PM if things get serious.
 
York is only 20 minutes drive from me, so if any of you gentlemen buy this and need manual labour ......
 
Joe is Joseph, a blacksmith (when not moonlighting)

Our Products | Derwent Valley Forge

Check the polarmount is actually with the dish, they are a nightmare to bolt to anything else

( I do have the earlier version here - welded to an Ajak H2H drive - if somebody needs it)
 
Joe is Joseph, a blacksmith (when not moonlighting)

Our Products | Derwent Valley Forge

Check the polarmount is actually with the dish, they are a nightmare to bolt to anything else

(I do have the earlier version here - welded to an Ajak H2H drive - if somebody needs it)
a) Very interesting - do you know said Gentleman?
b) Do you have an Ajak welded to an earlier version of a polar mount, or an earlier version of a 3.8 meter Patriot dish?
 
I had the 3.1m version, images are somewhere on the site

The mobile number is the link between auction and location
 
Late to the party but it's tempting, and it's only just over 200 miles away. Planning is a problem but this looks ideal as a work around Flat Bed Trailer. But maybe I should finish the current projects first.
 
Last edited:
Late to the party but it's tempting, and it's only just over 200 miles away. Planning is a problem but this looks ideal as a work around Flat Bed Trailer. But maybe I should finish the current projects first.


Are you suggesting your faithful canine couldn't lift it with a suitable counterweight ?
 
Nope ...
Took a brief look at this thread ..and closed it quick ...
Now if I only had a couple of acres of land in a secluded location ..
I'm outa here ...
 
Even with twice the price I would seriously consider going to York to pick it up.
Difficult to assess condition - these things most probably have been sitting around in their boxes for 10's of years.
Could be rusty, could be bent..,
Would definitely require a visitation trip.
But that's doable too...

Home mounting is no longer an option, though.
Denmark just doesn't match Latvia, where @RimaNTSS seems to be able to erect anything he bloody likes...
Would have to find somewhere in an industral park nearby (which is not impossible - there plenty of places for rent ATM).

Let's see where this auction is going - we can PM if things get serious.
Agreed, English planning law is an ass...you can put these god awful solar panels on you roof and no one bats an eyelid, but a satellite dish...the planning guestapo will be round in a flash!!
 
I didn't find it difficult to get PP for the 1.8m. As long as it's in a reasonable location (i.e. not on top of your house) and neighbours are happy, there shouldn't be any issues.

The 3.8m one is a different matter altogether, though...
 
I didn't find it difficult to get PP for the 1.8m. As long as it's in a reasonable location (i.e. not on top of your house) and neighbours are happy, there shouldn't be any issues.

The 3.8m one is a different matter altogether, though...
Not an issue if it is "portable" like my old 3m (or on a trailer;-)
 
Almost on my doorstep too -- just 60 miles from me :)

Not intending to bid on it though -- much as i would like to play with a 3.8 or 5.0 metre monster .... they are too big for me - here ... (purely for the hardcore sat enthusiasts i think l.o.l.)

Only just recently got round to a sat project i purchased 12 months ago... will start a thread on that when i find the time .... at just turned 66 years my body is telling me to try and reduce my workload....

I hope they are bought by a Sat U.K. member, or members though, cos i,d like to see these monster dishes built and working ....:):)
 
Crazy people! Why you need such a big dishes?! Just kidding. I wish you luck, who ever gets those Patriot dishes.
 
........ at just turned 66 years my body is telling me to try and reduce my workload....

I hope they are bought by a Sat U.K. member, or members though, cos i,d like to see these monster dishes built and working ....:):)

Yep, one year older than you but would love to see the U.K. buy and see the following threads/posts of the install etc....:):)
 
I am interested in this but it appears there is no Polar mount included :(
 
Back
Top