Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

I am interested in this but it appears there is no Polar mount included :(
There seems indeed to be no mount included.

I have been in contact with seller, and he described crates as being 2.2m x 0.9m x 0.75m (the small one), and 2.9m x 1.12m x 1.07m (big one).

But I shall try and ring him tomorrow to confirm whether there are mounts in there...
 
Hello s-band, so if I was to stick two ton and a dish on this obviously modified with some steal work planning wouldn't be needed ?.
PP is still needed but not being a fixture is one of the criteria that makes it less likely to be enforced. There was a thread on here somewhere about those criteria. There will always be a risk that you'll have to move it. Mine was not visible from the road and the neighbours whinged a bit but were ok in the end. I had a ground stand made with long legs, bolted to slabs with bricks & slabs on top. The garden is fairly sheltered which limited wind problems (and view of the sky). Here's a professional one: PL-10 Non Penetrating Roof Mount Usual internet disclaimer: no liability, IANAL etc.

There seems indeed to be no mount included.

I have been in contact with seller, and he described crates as being 2.2m x 0.9m x 0.75m (the small one), and 2.9m x 1.12m x 1.07m (big one).

I think if it had the king post there would be 2 crates, see attached. I'm sure Cobham would do a good deal on a new one, hmm?

I got a quote to shift the smaller one south, it's not prohibitive but....

Edit: Found the PP link Planning permission for ham radio antenna
 

Attachments

Last edited:
I have spoken to seller earlier today, and he got the crated up dishes as part of inventory of a building he needed to clear out.
Both crates have been sitting outside for a couple of weeks after they vacated the building.
This is why the cardboard looks soaked, but he says that there should be no rust, but he wasn't able check as he didn't want to unpack that crates further.

As far as he could assess there are NO mounts, pedestals, king-posts or anthing like that - just the reflectors + feedholders.
And the number of boxes and the (lack of) weight also indicates that there are no mounts included.

If I can find proper transportation, I am strongly considering the 3.8 meter.
If I go there by car (3000km trip), I might opt for the 5 meter as well as it fits in the trailer. If I get it shipped I may stick with the 3.8.

He also mentioned that there had been quite an interest in the antennas... we shall have to see what happens once we get closer to deadline.
 
Well, whoever on this Forum gets it, my offer of free manual labour for lifting, shifting and slinging stands. Just down the road from me.

(Well 20 miles ...... almost next door compared to the potential trips some of you are contemplating)
 
Well, whoever on this Forum gets it, my offer of free manual labour for lifting, shifting and slinging stands. Just down the road from me.

(Well 20 miles ...... almost next door compared to the potential trips some of you are contemplating)
Much appreciated - may very well pick you up on that.
But, perhaps disappointingly, I would just put the crates as-is on a trailer, and drive off in a smoke of unpackingness...
Maybe we should have a beer at the local pub first, and share stories of lost dishes first, though ... :)
 
Reminded that this auction ends in a few hours, I've just noticed that, according to the experts at fleabay, people looking at the Patriot mega-dishes are also looking at such esoteric stuff as a Squarial and sundry "Sky"dishes!
 
Reminded that this auction ends in a few hours, I've just noticed that, according to the experts at fleabay, people looking at the Patriot mega-dishes are also looking at such esoteric stuff as a Squarial and sundry "Sky"dishes!
Like the 2 go together....:-rofl2
 
I notice that there are two bidders. Are they both members here? In fact, participants to this thread?
 
I notice that there are two bidders. Are they both members here? In fact, participants to this thread?
One of them must be in training to lift it judging by his/her other bid
Sporting Goods > Strength Training & Weights
Either that or buying a counter-balance for an az-el rotator
 
Less than an hour to go and no more bids.

Following these auctions is worse than watching paint dry.

Still, the usual burst of frenetic activity will no doubt transpire in the closing seconds. A bit like s_x, I suppose.

I'm afraid I tend to major on Buy It Now items these days!
 
Hmm, I guess there's an element of instant fulfilment ........ no unpleasant bending, either.
 
Aaargh!!! Bloody ebay wont let me bid as I do not live in the UK, and seller has specified no shipping information!!!

b*ll*cks!
 
Try using ebay.co.uk instead of your local version and change the delivery information to UK.
 
.... that was the best £102 spent ............. not by me though. Unbelievable.
 
So who won it then? Someone from here I hope?
 
.... that was the best £102 spent
but take into account the divorce settlement expenses when it finds it's place in the middle of the garden... :O)
 
Nice dish some lucky person M***F was the winning bidder i did consider it but nearly £1000 for the mount plus shipping :(.
 
Nelson ???
I know you said you wouldn't bid but ??????

;)
 
Back
Top