Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Nelson ???
I know you said you wouldn't bid but ??????

;)
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

.... I'd put money on that as well VS ;)
 
but take into account the divorce settlement expenses when it finds it's place in the middle of the garden... :O)
As long as it gets more womens' golf feeds I'm safe
Sorry st1, I didn't think I'd get it, I only left lowish bid. Now I have to do something with it.
 
A nice project to keep you busy ...
Well done G ....he said turning a little green ....
 
No i didn,t bid ......
Sort of know that now ...but just for a moment there I thought ....wellll ..ya know what I thought..
Not like you haven't done it before ...
Remember that trip to Ireland..?
LOL
;)
 
Sort of know that now ...but just for a moment there I thought ....wellll ..ya know what I thought..
Not like you haven't done it before ...
Remember that trip to Ireland..?
LOL
;)

:):) .......;)

Nice one @s-band .... a real bargain .....
 
As long as it gets more womens' golf feeds I'm safe
Sorry st1, I didn't think I'd get it, I only left lowish bid. Now I have to do something with it.
Ow sigh. I had the financier all geared up for a bidding war.

But don't worry s-band. At least someone from the forum got the deal. I will take no further action with Seller.

I am, however, feeling full of anger at Ebay who prevented me from bidding as "seller does not ship to Denmark".
There was no option of "f*ck it, I will collect in person!!! Let me BID!!!"

Well - c'est la vie. Welcome to the world of machines, where the system is only as smart of accomodating as the mindset of the original prorgammer...
 
Well done s-band. Now be sure to write up EVERYTHING to with the dish starting with the collection.

With photos of course.

PS Are you going for the 3.8m as well? Maybe you could make a deal with the seller and, if you're not interested personally, maybe st1 would step in.
 
no, not a bargain.
A HUGE BAAAARRGAAAIIIIINNNNN!!!!
Whilst I understand your frustration ...It has cost the seller much dosh to limit the bidding in this way ...

I have experienced similar with much smaller items ...
A Hughes KA unit which the vendor would only sell in the US ...
..and some optical drives I got Terryl to purchase for me and ship over to the UK.
 
At least it turned out to be me against s-band.
And we'd both have gone much higher than the winning bid...
So seen from a half-full perspective - maybe we got off better as a community, as s-band got the dish much cheaper than if I had been allowed to bid...

(no pressure now - but you need to get that dish mounted now :) :) )
 
@s-band congratulations! Yes, now we all waiting new thread with detailed explanations of all steps you take and lots of pictures.
 
Whilst I understand your frustration ...It has cost the seller much dosh to limit the bidding in this way ...

I have experienced similar with much smaller items ...
A Hughes KA unit which the vendor would only sell in the US ...
..and some optical drives I got Terryl to purchase for me and ship over to the UK.
Seller informs me that lots of people from abroad have had this problem, and he tried to change it, but found he couldn't.
So @s-band seems to have gotten a really good deal here, as many of the die-hard enthusiats have probably been precluded from bidding!
 
Sorry to those who couldn't bid. That will make it even more embarrassing if I mess it up! Perhaps the mods should ban me from even reading this thread (for my own good). To return it to new bargains, I've started a new thread: Patriot 3.8m There's nothing there yet as I haven't got it.
 
Sorry to those who couldn't bid. That will make it even more embarrassing if I mess it up! Perhaps the mods should ban me from even reading this thread (for my own good). To return it to new bargains, I've started a new thread: Patriot 3.8m There's nothing there yet as I haven't got it.
start with uploading the pics from e-bay, if you've got them...
 
Probably, if you grease it.
 
A very large moussaka!

I'm assuming only the Euro beams which are achievable on something much smaller, I get 2 out of 3 on my 120 dodgy dish but usually use an amazon fire stick to get Notfilmon on Kodi for UK stuff.

On the previous sats there was a side lobe which meant you could get everything on a 2.4 to 3.2 dish, alas no longer hence the large number of these monsters for bargain prices.
 
Seller informs me that lots of people from abroad have had this problem, and he tried to change it, but found he couldn't.
So @s-band seems to have gotten a really good deal here, as many of the die-hard enthusiats have probably been precluded from bidding!
I've been in dire straits as what to do ever since i talked to seller last week.
Amazingly, it turned out that the seller actually had multiple 3.8's to sell, in addition to the 5 meter...

So drop eveything and drive off to York to pick up, or just let it go...
Unfortunately, it was simply not practical for me right now personally and professionally to drive a trailer to York within this week and pick up the dish.
So I will stick to the 2.4 meter dish size, still waiting in the shed to be mounted and pointed at some interesting satellite....

I can also confirm that @s-band got a REALLY good deal, as the other dishes seem to have gone for quite a bit more than what s-band paid for it.
Some of them even went abroad, as far as I can tell...
 
Back
Top